“Outstanding Food & Experience”
Review of The Balgarth Pines

The Balgarth Pines
Ranked #24 of 215 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Scottish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Balgarth Pines is a contemporary, ambient Bar & Restaurant in the bustling suburbs of Ayr providing high quality food & drink in a relaxed, modern and comfortable venue. The familiar buzz of the Bar, has the bartenders offering a superb range of beers, fresh cocktails, selected wines and a warming whisky list. Open 7 days, 9am 'til late.
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Myself and partner ate here Tuesday 19th September .
Phoned up and made a booking for 6.30pm. Arrived 6.25pm and was met by a friendly member of staff who showed us to our table.
Ordered 2 cokes. The menu is really varied and has a wide variety which I presume would cater for most tastes. A Tuesday and a Thursday nights are 'half price steak nights' which are generally busy. Have been before and have always enjoyed the food but tonight was amazing. I chose the King Prawn Tempura to start which comes with a selection of Chilli, Hoisin and Mayonnaise dips. The prawns were so tasty and presented in a crisp light batter. My other went for the Nacho starter. Nachos, cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and you can add veg,chicked etc also a choice of dressing is avalable. The portion size was huge. He chose a bbq sauce and chicken. taste sensation. We both had the 8oz fillet steaks which come with onion rings a full roasted tomato, a flat cap mushroom and fries. The fries were golden firm and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. A simple thing some would think but these were perfection. The steaks (one medium and one medium to well-done) were awesome. juicy and cooked to perfection. One of the best steaks I've had. We opted for a garlic king prawn sauce as well as a chausseur sauce. We have enjoyed some good meals in the past but have seldom had a meal of this quality and the whole experience was fantastic. No room for desert I'm afraid. The staff were professional and attentive and genuinely friendly and kept a respectful distance and checked that everything was to our satisfaction. I would HIGHLY recommend The Balgarth. A++++++

1  Thank BAZZANDSTU
Balgarth P, General Manager at The Balgarth Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Such an outstanding review to receive and we fully appreciate it!
Each and every member of our team, from the cleaner and kitchen porter to the Head Chef and Managers, all work hard to ensure that every aspect of a guests visit is of the highest standard!
We look forward to seeing you again and hope that you will spread the word to your friends and family!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I visited for Sunday lunch after booking online. Apparently the online booking doesn't work and no table was reserved. I expected some sort of apology or explanation but all I got was a shrug of the shoulders. Anyway I got a table but no high chairs as there were lots of children that day. Well considering you offer free child meals on a Sunday you would expect lots of children.

So it wasn't a good start but thankfully things improved. The food was delicious and there was a good atmosphere. The young man who served us was particularly charming. Good value for money and the play area was tidy and well kept.

Thank you for your review!
Apologies if things did not get off to a great start for you but I am delighted to hear that things improved!
We are having technical problems with our online booking system at the moment and would recommend that you call us 01292 422441 to make any future reservations so that we can ensure that it is in place for you!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We arrived in Alloway too early to check in at our Bed and Breakfast for the night so we decided to have an early supper. I guess we were still on Mountain Standard Time.
We located the Balgarth Pines on the GPS and set out to find it. Dang if there wasn't a road closure and we had to backtrack. No worries as we found it fairly quickly.
We were seated immediately by a polite young man and ordered our drinks.
They arrived quickly and were served by another polite young man, who then took our food order.
The appetizer (wee haggis, neeps and tatties came out fairly quickly and the wait for the mains was just right.
I had decided early in the trip to find the best Sticky Toffee Pudding in Scotland, so order that for dessert. I never did find a Sticky Toffee Pudding that I did not like, but am unable to declare a winner. This was in the top of the group though.

We are so happy that you found us and enjoyed a delicious meal in our restaurant!
The Chef's are also delighted that you have shortlisted their Sticky Toffee Pudding in the best "Sticky Toffee Pudding in Scotland category"!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Visited with another couple on an itison deal. Excellent value. Very good service. Great surroundings and food excellent.
No complaints whatsoever. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your appreciation of our hard work! It is great to receive such positive feedback!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We popped in for dinner after hearing good things and we weren't disappointed we came in on the Tuesday for the steak night the staff are so pleasant and we're great with my little who was having a tantrum at the time.
The steaks were amazing and I couldn't fault the food or service

We're glad that you enjoyed your meal and the delicious steaks which are 50% off every Tuesday and Thursday!
The staff are all great with kids and we try to ensure that they enjoy their visit too!