All reviews leisure facilities churchill suite leisure club sea view steam room lovely hotel party night executive room night porter huge bathroom an overnight stay birthday treat walk in shower smoked salmon relaxing break bit dated isle of arran
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A few days ago, when we visited Ayr,
I found myself with, a few hours to spare
Inspired by Burns, I challenged masel’
To write a poetic review, of the Fairfield Hotel

For my partner Suze’s, rare birthday treat
I booked us both into the Carnegie Suite
Her face was a picture, as we walked through the door
“WOW!” she exclaimed, as her jaw hit the floor

“You’ve just won the lottery or pools I suppose? “
She said as she dropped her bag right on my toes
I hopped on one leg, as it hurt quite a bit
“No, but my credit card’s taking the hit!”

It’s a huge massive room, with a four-poster bed
The beautiful hand-carved wood turned my head
The details of which, are worth a close look
(As you can see for yourself, from the photos I took)

The bidet, the bathrobes, the cafetiere
All helped to enhance that luxurious air
I ordered Prosecco, to be brought to the suite
It arrived within minutes, which I thought was quite neat

As I uncorked the bubbly, and poured us a glass
I made myself comfy, and sat on my.... chair
And then from the bathroom, I could hear Suzie
Shout “Come and see this, we've got a jacuzzi “

And so to the hot tub, we quickly repaired
To enjoy the bottle of fizz that we shared
We lathered ourselves up, in hot soapy bubbles
Got lost in the moment, and washed off our troubles

“This is the life!” said Suze as she sipped
And she never noticed the huge pump I let rip
“early night tonight?” I asked with a grin
(but nae nazzums were had, as the painters were in)

We went shopping the next day, didn’t need to go far
And after 6 hours, we returned for a spa!
And with a huge appetite, that required to be sated
We had dinner at Martins, (which comes highly rated)

So our weekend trip, soon came to a close
All over too quickly, but that’s how it goes
A fantastic hotel, such a wonderful stay
Good value for money, for the price that you pay

The staff are so friendly, I just have to mention
They certainly give you their fullest attention
So for a special occasion, you would do well
To book yourself into, this splendid hotel!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin B
Mark_S_Fairfield, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Colin B
Wow, best tripadvisor review i have ever seen! I am grateful for you taking your time to post such a fantastic and well thought out review, you have certainly done Rabbie Burn's proud! We hope to welcome you back in the near future, and that nazzums can take place....

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Stayed an overnight here and it was a very pleasant experience. Staff very friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable and adaquate, menu while not extensive was fine and the food tasty. The hotel is near the beach and a easy walk into the town.

Dear libby990
Thank you very much for posting a lovely review on here. I was very happy that you found the team here friendly and helpful and the food tasty, i shall ensure that your comments are passed on. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Just returned from a 2 night stay here. In A word - fabulous . Excellent location, 2 minutes to the beach on foot and 10minute walk to town. Beautiful, vintage style hotel. Calm, quiet, with a peaceful atmosphere. very comfortable bed, excellent bedding. Lovely room. Weather wasn’t in our favour but it didn’t matter, we soaked the day away in the jacuzzi and pool. Spotless, clean facilities, the pool was just a treat. Sitting on the huge, comfy leather sofas in the bar while it’s blowing a gale outside, watching the sea was perfect. Last, but not least the staff. Never known better. Friendly, welcoming, efficient and genuinely committed to providing an exemplary service. Damien who tends bar, mans the restaurant and who was always busy was a star. Warm, openly friendly, witty and a lovely lad. A credit to his employers - and his parents. I would recommend this experience to anyone.

Dear KarenL863
Thank you very much for taking your time to post such a wonderful review on here. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We receive lots of comments about our team here, they are certainly fantastic! Damien shall be over the moon with your comments and i shall ensure that they are passed on. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

First time at Fairfield the food was exquisite Sunday lunch thankyou Brandon ! Seating was spacious what a lovely clean well decorated hotel cituated on ayr shoreline with views out to the sea , our fav place to dine out by far.

Dear Charles B
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on here, we are receiving lots of good comments about our new Sunday lunches. We hope to see you back here soon. I shall ensure that your comments are passed on to Brandon.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Beautiful location helpful friendly staff good choice on menu, pity the food was on the cool side, rooms for the price were a little small and filled with lots of unnecessary items, nice touch with the coffee. Convienent location.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Susan S
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review on here, i would like to apologise that the food was a little cool, this has been taken up with the chef. I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us again.