Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Lake of Menteith
from US$ 752.44
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2020

My husband and I had a meal at this lovely Hotel two years ago and decided that we would come back again with our friend who lives locally. We actually had dinner on the 2nd January, and as before the food was really lovely and fresh. The staff are so friendly and made us so welcome. In fact we love the place so much that we have booked to stay at the end of the year for Hogmanay. Thank you Andy for all the information you gave us on the Hotel, and we look forward to returning.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 4 June 2019

Took a trip to the island on the small boat. Informative trip with lovely views. Can stay as long on the island as you want but would recommend getting there early as we virtually had the place to ourselves up to 11am. Relaxing and good value. The hotel nearby overlooks the loch and serves good food

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 24 May 2019 via mobile

There are several car parks as you drive down from Port of Menteith but we thought the best one was a mile or so from town and situated in a woodland. Very peaceful there with little traffic and great views

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Has the benefit of a nice restaurant and hotel on hand. You can take a short boat trip to the Abby on the island with Mary Queen of Scott’s connections.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Visited today on a recommendation and glad that I did. The setting is beautiful and the autumn colours were a welcome addition. Signalled for the ferry using their simple board system and had that and the island to myself for a bit. The staff members I met were really friendly and enthusiastic and gave me lots of tips about things to look out for to photograph. I did the circular walk around the island and then walked around the priory. Fascinating site and only added to by the location. Dogs are allowed over, but must stay on leads. Look forward to going back for the bluebells and ospreys next year. Think summer would be better for younger children in particular so you can picnic etc. There is a small shop and a toilet block further along, otherwise it is all outdoors so keep that in mind.

Date of experience: October 2018