Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,729 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiesspa treatmentssauna and steam roomfamily rooma bit tiredboth nightshigh streeta la carte menurestaurant staffbed and breakfastnight breakfood was lovelyshort breakmy mumboth morningsgreat weekendthe main street
Reviewed 31 August 2014

just back from a 3 night stay here, from the minute we checked in until the minute we checked out (by the same very nice and friendly receptionist/barmaid, we had a super stay. I cant believe the negative remarks that the staff are receiving from some reviewers? on here, it was our experience that the staff, especially the waiting staff in the dining room were very professional, friendly and went about their duties with a minimum of fuss and a smile on their faces, nothing was too much trouble, 10 out of 10 guys, very well done.The same could be said of the housekeeping staff, take a bow folks.
We stayed on a dinner b@b deal and the evening meal on the three nights was absolutely spot on, the taster menu was different class, well done chefs. Breakfast was just as good, setting us up for a nice sauna and swim in the immaculate leisure suite.
Our room (134) was clean, bright ,spacious and well maintained. Despite being over the large car park, noise was not a problem. The house staff had been in and tidied up, made beds and left ample clean towels every morning while we were at breakfast and enjoying a swim, very well done.
All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone who just wants a relaxing time away with nice food and great facilities, Scotlands hotel, take a well deserved bow.

Room Tip: ask for front, over car park
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just got back from a 4 day stay at this hostel, yes I said hostel not hotel!, the hotel it's self is very tired and needs a lot of TLC from the owners and the staff, care and attention needs to be given to all aspects of service from staff and what I assume was management, although no one would own up to being in charge, it all starts with checking in, no interest given, name asked and pointed in the general direction of your room, no explanation of services available, directions to other amenities, ie restaurant, bars, toilets, breakfast serving times etc, the rooms are small and in need of updating, sagging ceilings in bathrooms, ceilings covered in mould, I was being charged for a double room, single occupancy as they had no single rooms available at the agreed discount rate for a block booking, so was paying £30 more for the room than other single people, the room had twin beds, when asking reception to change to a double bed as I was paying more money the request was received coldly, but was done the next day!, no doubt under duress, the most distressing point was the service at the formal dinner that we attended on one of the evenings, my close friend a vegetarian asked when waitress was taking the food orders if the cheese being used in the main course risotto was vegetarian Parmesan cheese, as most are not, the instant response was yes, my friend asked if this could be checked with the kitchen, on the waitress returning she confirmed that the cheese was NOT vegetarian, the question was asked if the main could be served without the cheese and was told no as it was already cooked and mixed into the dish, we waited for the waitress to offer an alternative, no offer came, at this stage a more mature waiter came over asking what the problem was, after explaining to him, he seemed a little confused at the fact that a vegetarian would not eat a cheese that contained rennet!!, I then asked if it would be possible to have the starter, goats cheese and couscous as a main course as goats cheese does tend to be vegetarian, he agreed that this was the case and would order this for my friend, as the starters arriving at the table my friend was presented with a small portion of couscous and goats cheese by the mature waiter!, I asked if she was still getting this for her main and he said yes, no problem it has been arranged, at this I laughed and stated would you not think an other starter in that case would be better, as who wants to eat the same thing for starter and main, at this stage my friend left the table to go to the shop as she was getting very hungry and needed some food, I asked the waiter if he could get something else and was met with a dumbfounded lost look, I suggested a salad and he agreed he would do this, my friend was not happy when she returned as she was paying near to £50 for this meal, but to be honest we had all given up on trying to get suitable food for her, we waited in anticipation for the main courses to arrive, when they did what they served my friend was a joke, it was just a bowl of couscous, it looked like they had scraped all the left over couscous from the starters and put it in a bowl with a garnish, where was the goats cheese we asked, oh that's not vegetarian either was the response, we asked if the other people that had ordered the vegetarian food where aware that it was in fact not vegetarian, the response was NO and I think it would be best not to tell them!!!!, Shocked was not the word, little to say this event did put a dampener on the evening.. The food and service at breakfast was not much better, the staff just did not care. On checking out my friend asked for a refund of the money paid for her meal as she did not have anything to eat and was told that as it was prepaid they could not do this and where in no position to help, as I said no interest in the clients at all, let's just say that I would not recommend this Hostel if you want an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Spikey0072014
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel for three nights. To say that it is in need of serious updating would be an understatement. Our room was clean but smelled of fried onions on occasions. The bathroom was adequate, except for the shower which dribbled a very light stream of water, with absolutely no power at all. The breakfast was average, standard hotel breakfast, but supper was good. The whole place is so run down though, really shabby, scuffed paintwork dark and gloomy, and the lift is something else all together. Can't believe it has passed health and safety tests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annie28186338
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for one night, the hotel itself was lovely the room we had was clean and spacious the receptionist who checked us in was friendly enough, however the bar and waiting staff have no concept at all of customer service, during our evening meal we asked for someone to take our drinks order we were told someone else would do this, this someone never arrived so I had to get up and walk to the bar myself mid meal to get a drink, no apologies from the staff, the food was lovely just the staff were terrible, used the spa and this again was great clean facilities, had a massage the following day and again could not fault this very relaxing and service was brilliant but the bar and waiting staff seem like they couldn’t be any less interested.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank stupac88
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Overall stay was nice
Rooms were clean
staff pleasant
Food was lovely, well presented and delish

My only constructive criticism was soon as you walked in the door I said straight away to my dad and sis OMG what is that awful smell ? its was like smell of mens toilets urine smell all the way through the halls even mum said in one part of their hall on the 1st floor as section was very bad with a smell, what is it ?

Bedroom , I was in room 123 bathroom really needs attention here is what I found
Ceiling paper coming away and sorted by staples holding it up.
Massive hair on side of shower
Paint peeling away from sink and along skirting like its never been touched for a good year
Shower mouldy silicon
Wardrobe as you come in to room 1 door hanging off

Swimming area was nice pool was warm again some attentions to details few bulbs out, ceiling needs done hot tub needs new whites things round it as half of it missing.

It is a nice hotel but I see there's a lot of need for attention to details a lot of things need painted carpets need washed or upgrading worn here and there.

Otherwise a nice stay