All reviews pub next door stayed here scrambled egg and beans free wifi budget hotel hot items breakfast included good nights sleep the ground floor room was clean and comfortable excellent value for money business trip twin room busy road buffet style hotel is situated comfortable stay
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here recently as a stop over traveling with a baby. We found the staff very friendly and welcoming with the room clean and basic. The only small negatives were that the tv was very small and the room was hot with no ac. They had a few wide child parking spaces around beside the restaurant which are always a plus when traveling with a baby. We ate dinner in the restaurant next door and that was good. The breakfast that was included was also basic and as we hit it at peak time it was very busy and a most items were already finished and to be replaced. We waited as long as we could however as we were to catch a flight we ended up leaving hungry.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Morag M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Perth following your recent stay.

It is only with guest feedback that we can improve the service we offer I do appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast & TVs. I can assure you that I have spoken with the team regarding breakfast service.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, It’s always good to hear both positive and negative comments which then helps us to understand where we can improve.

Again thank you for your feedback and the team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on the way to the Highlands. The gentleman on reception was very friendly and helpful. We were in the rooms past the breakfast area and the room was a standard chain room, nothing more, nothing less, but the sofa bed was only half put out so I had to finish making the bed by pulling the bottom of the bed out etc! Breakfast was nice although the tables are rather small and even though there were two members of staff standing right behind our table who could clearly see there was no room on the table, I had to ask them to clear the cereal bowls etc away as there really wasn't any room for my sons breakfast. But on a positive note the double bed was very comfy and had a wonderful sleep.

Dear Cheadlelass,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Perth.

Our guest feedback is very important to us to help us improve the service we provide. I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed our Express Start breakfast. I have spoken with the breakfast team members and re-training has taken place to ensure this does not happen again.

I hope that should your travels bring you back to Perth, that you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

At £70 for a family room and breakfast it was a wonderful stay while visiting the Light and sound show in Pitlochry. Very comfy beds even the pull out one and the breakfast was amazing. Would love to return.

Date of stay: October 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing Holiday Inn Express Perth following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay whilst visiting the Light and Sound show in Pitlochry.

I do look forward to welcoming back to Perth in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Great location and decent middle of the road restaurant next door with plenty for the kids to do. Breakfast naturally is very basic at the HIE's, to be expected.

Room decent, clean and modern, but the pull out bed was very uncomfortable.

Book in advance at this one as it gets very busy.

Room tip: Book in advance, this is a busy place.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Morag M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express Perth following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that had found the hotel to have a good location and to be clean. Please accept my apologises that you had found the sofa bed to be uncomfortable, we have just put new sofa beds in our rooms. Please contact me directly so that I can investigate this further, my email address is gm@hiexpressperth.co.uk

Perth is a great stopping off point when visting the area as it gives great road access both north to Inverness and south to the central belt.

I do hope that I will be able to welcome you back to Perth in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Typically HIX except the wifi is the best I have come across for a while, very impressed being able to work include uploading of large images/files.

Breakfast is the usual, fruit, bread, packet eggs, sausages etc.

There is a place for dinner next door, just avoid the steaks and you should be ok.

Overall good, I'd stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your comments on our wifi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do look forward to welcoming back to Perth in the future.