All reviews the penthouse sister hotel from start to finish prawn cocktail dinner bed and breakfast wedding meal room was spotless function suite pate first class leisure facilities course meal overnight stay lovely meal attending a wedding itison deal comfy bed
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The Gailes is a great place to stay or just for lunch or dinner with friends
The rooms are small but comfortable
The dining areas are lovely with lots of semi private parts for intimate dining
The staff are excellent friendly and on top on their jobs
Food is very good with a wide choice from light bites to something for the ravenous
The hotel is set in a lovely area with golf courses nearby there is a health club almost next door with great golf shop

Trip type: Travelled with friends
SimpsInns, Manager at Gailes Restaurant and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear VIncent210949,

Thank you for the kind review of the Gailes hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
The team at the Gailes work hard to ensure our rooms are well looked after and that when you dine with us the experience is as good you can expect.
I hope that you will visit again and we can welcome you back to the Gailes.

Kindest regards,
David

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in this beautifull hotel several times in the past, and I have been very pleased with all aspects from comfortable rooms, friendly helpfull staff to outstanding food, alas on this occasion the food standards had declined. Rooms have been refurbished and staff are still friendly and helpfull, but the food is a massive issue for me when dealing with a quality hotel. 2star food in a 5star hotel :(

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Matthew M,

Thank you for your review of the Gailes hotel and restaurant.
I am pleased that the rooms and the team met with your expectations, however I was sorry to read that you had a poor experience when dining with us.
We use all feedback positive and negative to coach our team and I can assure you that our chefs will take on board your comments.
I hope that you will stay with us again and let us restore your faith in the restaurant.

Kindest regards,
David

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We were given a voucher for our anniversary. The meal and service were great our only issue was the tv (was the night of the Barcelona attack). We had asked if the tv could be turned off or the channel changed but were told that the tv's had to be left on and channel couldn't be changed. We would've appreciated a change of table to an area where there wasn't a tv however this wasn't offered.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Location good with plenty of parking. Hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. Restaurant had varied menu with reasonable prices. However the hotel's icing on the cake was the staff - local lasses happy to be there and wanting to ensure their guests were also happy to be there. I also left my anorak in the wardrobe and they stored it for me until I could get back to the hotel to pick it up - 5* service

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017

My husband and I booked in for an overnight stay yesterday and have to say we were extremely disappointed in our dining experience both at dinner on Sunday and breakfast on Monday. On Sunday we had quite a wait to order our meal and the waitress was very apologetic when she did get round to us. Unfortunately due to lack of staff we were surrounded by tables yet to be cleared from previous diners, it does not make a very pleasant ambience when you are surrounded by dirty glasses, plates, left over food both on the tables and floor! For my starter I ordered the pakora which sadly was inedible as it was completely tasteless however the kitchen did redeem themselves with an excellent steak and ale pie. My husband chose lasagne for his main course but it seemed to be missing any betchemel sauce, so again not too good. Breakfast on Monday morning, what could go wrong............... no yoghurt or potato scones, very poor selection on the cold buffet.
On the plus side our room was spotless and comfortable however due to poor dining experience we will not be returning

1  Thank scrummyyummy