Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$ 122
Hotels.comUS$ 122
PricelineUS$ 122
Trip.comUS$ 134
eDreamsUS$ 122
Orbitz.comUS$ 122
1,316 results
All reviews buffet breakfast reception staff family room food was lovely tea or coffee fish and chips haggis first class short break could not fault an overnight stay town centre hallmark meal gary wedding dbb
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Do not be fooled by the photos of this hotel.
The only thing that is cleaned daily is the reception.
The rooms and corridors are filthy (please view photos)
Our room did not see a hoover, bed linen not changed during our week long stay, even though we asked.
We tried to find other accommodation but everywhere was fully book.
The sheets did not fit the beds and slid off when sleeping leaving a bare mattress to sleep on as no under mattress was provided this was awful including holes in the sheets.
The towels were thread bare with holes in and only this morning I went to use a towel that was covered in someone’s surgical tape ( disgusting )
When we arrived there was long hair on the floor in our bathroom the room had not been cleaned and smelt horrible and because we was ignored for our own health and safety we went and bought products to sanitise and clean our room as we was booked in for 7 nights.
In these current times of covid I am appalled that these conditions exists as it costs nothing to be clean and to keep your guests safe.
This is not 4star quality.
The only thing going for it was the restaurant staff they were pleasant.
Limited food menu did not cater for Gluten or dairy free choices very well.
Worse hotel I have ever stayed at which was such a shame as we were on our anniversary.
Hope this helps people in the future.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kaleigh-Anne Hannah, General Manager at Riverside Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2021

Hi Southport60,
I would really like the opportunity to discuss your feedback further with you further. If you could contact me directly on kaleigh-anne.hannah@theriversidelodgehotel.co.uk.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 August 2021

Had a long weekend at the hotel. Staff v friendly. Breakfasts were delicious. Reception area and restaurant were lovely. Room v tired which was fine except it could have done with a good 'bottoming' Thick dust everywhere!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi jsmcd50,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent visit, please accept my sincere apologies for the dust. I will pick this up with the housekeeping manager straight away.
I do hope you will return to visit us here at The Riverside Lodge Hotel, Irvine in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

quite a large and very spacious hotel. despite the size and number of guests it was very quiet in the room, evening meals and breakfasts both very good with varied menus. good service in the restaurant. rooms quite big compared to our normal stopovers,

Hi Ian T,
Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback regarding you recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here at Riverside Lodge Hotel, Irvine.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

This review is written by Ruairi aged one with the help from mummy and mother.
We stayed in this hotel before we went on a big boat across to the Isle of Arran. There was a really nice shiny floor when we first went into the hotel. I investigated all of the seating area as it took a long time for somebody to come to reception to check us in. The lady was smiley and she said that she liked my hat.
I was really happy that we had a room that wasn’t far to walk as I’ve just learnt to walk so I didn’t have to walk a very long way. Our room had a small double bed and a single bed which wasn’t very useful because I don’t sleep in a bed! This didn’t mean that I got to share a double bed with my mama for a little while!
We had dinner in the restaurant the children’s meal wasn’t my favourite meal. It was half an adult pizza which was a little bit too much for me. And we had chocolate brownie for pudding this was the same size as an adult desert so mummy and mama were happy that they could share with me!
After we went to bed I was woken up by some children running in the corridor I asked my mummy and mama if I could go and play with them. They said that I couldn’t go and play because it’s very rude to be running in the corridors at 1 o’clock in the morning! It took me a long time to go back to sleep.
Grown-ups seemed to be having a party in the corridor to but I wasn’t allowed to join that party either!
The breakfast was boring and mama was disappointed she had to pay extra if she wanted a cappuccino.
I don’t think we’ll go back to this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kaleigh-Anne Hannah, General Manager at Riverside Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Hi Ruairi,

Thank you for sending us your feedback regarding your recent visit. I will be sure to speak with chef regarding your comments so he can make the relevant changes to our kids menu. We hope you and your mummy's change your mind and come back to see us again in the future.

Thanks
Kaleigh-Anne

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Just home from a Monday to Friday stay at this beautiful clean and friendly hotel .
All staff we had the pleasure to meet were approachable nothing was to much trouble. If we made a request or pointed out a slight issue it was immediately resolved.
They coped exceptionally with a medical emergency and still continue to give a great service with the majority of the hotel unaware of the situation.
The food was amazing and a good choice. We had been part of a coach trip who should have stayed at another hotel which was unavailable and so it was changed to the Riverside .I am so glad they did change it such wonderful stay.
I would just like to say you do need transport to get out and about as shops not really local. With a car or lots of beaches and places to visit highly recommend Isle of bute for a trip.O you can bring your dog and the ones we met were very well behaved and no doggy smell in the hotel .

I would just like to say well done to the younger staff waiting on first time ,for some of them, not that you'd know .They were a credit to themselves and to Hotel very attentive and pleasant.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi suzand788,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our team will be thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable stay.

We hope to welcome you back to Riverside in the near future.

Have a lovely day.