All reviews executive suite private sauna dog owners on arrival booked this hotel cooked breakfast comfortable stay night stay excellent stay fantastic hotel tea and coffee breakfast was excellent kilmarnock annex funeral friday courses
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We had to find an overnight stop for an early funeral in Ayrshire, and the Kidron was mentioned so we telephoned to book a room. A request for a discount for calling direct saved me £4 immediately, so we booked.
We arrived shortly after 2 pm, and were shown to a room in the annexe, across the yard from the main building, by a polite young man who explained how the breakfast booking worked. We booked individual breakfasts for 7.30 am, and at 7 am the was not a soul in sight. Back to the room for another cup of tea and 20 minutes later, the breakfast room was open, the breakfasts were being cooked and served within minutes of our requested time. Their breakfast booking system ensures your breakfast is there when you are, fresh as paint.
Back to the previous evening. When we went to visit our friends, we said we would probably have them back for dinner at 6.30 pm.
We ended up with three guests for dinner, and it was served within half an hour. Not Nouveau Cuisine, but a damned good feed, and exactly what it said on the menu.
We stayed at the table and had drinks served there all night, and payed when our friends went home.
Our room was facing the main road, and with the windows open was a bit noisy, and with the windows shiut was a bit warm.
It was clean and comfortable, but there was only one chair, so one of us had to sit on the bed. Not ideal but not a hardship.
The bed was comfy but very warm, and as someone allergic to laundry washing conditioners, I didn't have a great night's sleep, but I am used to that particular problem, and put up with it as I have to.
All the staff were friendly and polite during our overnight stay, and we had no complaints at all. The overall bill was the same as I would have paid at a Premiere Inn for the same fare.
Other than the fact the Kidron is off the beaten track and a fair step from the centre of Dreghorn, I would stay there again if I had business in the local area.
It is quirky, but we enjoyed our stay, our dinner and our breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bobgrey
kidronirvine, Manager at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and meal at our hotel. We also appreciate your comments on few issues that you have raised which we will be looking into and hopefully will be able to solve it as soon as possible. Once again thanks a lot for giving us that encouragement to do better in future. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I visited the Kidron House Hotel for two nights recently and found it suited me perfectly. There is a lovely friendly atmosphere and all of the staff are helpful and friendly, too. The food is good - and the service prompt. I enjoyed the fish and chips for dinner on my first night and had a lovely lunch before leaving on my third day. The breakfast was also first class. I chose the hotel because it was close to Crosshouse Hospital, which I was visiting and it is really convenient - just a short drive along a quiet road. But it would also be a good base for people visiting the area for other purposes.

And it really good value, too. Perfect. Thank you Kidron House Hotel.

Stayed: August 2016
kidronirvine, Manager at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Linda
Thank you so much for taking your time out to review our hotel. We really enjoyed having you with us too. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant. Your kind words really gives us the boost that we need from time to time. We value your positive feedback. Hope to see you soon again. Thank you

Reviewed 28 August 2016

clean, spacious, pleasant rooms are very quiet. quiet restaurant but the food is great. decent choice at breakfast.staff are very friendly and attentive. would highly recommend this place if you are a discerning traveler.

Room Tip: room 11 was nice
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Kevan
Thank you so much for taking your time out to review our hotel. We really appreciate your time and effort. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here. Your positive feedback is our ultimate reward and we will be working hard in future to make sure you get better standard of service from us. We will be looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here by the off chance as I had booked elsewhere via booking.com but when I arrived (at the other place) they cancelled my booking so they gave me this place as a alternative . (As you all know not great at 8pm at night and after driving for 8 hours ) but I'm so glad they did. I called them to make the booking and not on booking.com website for obvious reason and told the guy my situation and I was very lucky he had a cancellation and booked me into room15. He was very helpful and I also told him that I was starving and he said we have a restaurant and we can sort me it a dinner when I arrive . I arrived and thought my luck was in for a change .he showed me to my room which was very spacious and the bathroom as same size as the bathroom with a massive jacuzzi in it!!! Then he said this other key is for your other room. But I only booked one room..... Well room 15 comes with a sauna and a shower room as well . So yes my stay here was perfect. O and I forgot about the 50inch TV on the wall and spotlessly clean roomsssss.

Now the food. One word PERFECT. Enough said !!! See photo of my burger it was about 10inches high and tasted amazing

I well be coming back here again when in the area

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Robert
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive feedback always motivates us to better in future. Our burger is always a popular choice among our guests. Once again thank you so much for your review, it really means a lot to us and we feel rewarded for all the hard work we put in when a guest appreciate our work. Hope to see you soon again. Thank you

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Spotlessly clean hotel with excellent breakfast. Small room but adequate for our needs with very tidy en suite lovely and clean with very powerful shower. Comfortable bed and even a small fridge excellent. The lady on the phone who took my booking was very nice and efficient and the other staff we met were very good. Especially the manager Who asked kindly after my sick sister. The hotel is ideally placed for the hospital and near to motorway links. Perfect hotel for travelling business people. Would happily stay again

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
kidronirvine, Manager at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate your positive feedback. It was a pleasure to have you with us too. We always try our best to provide our guests with best experience and your positive comments help us to do even better in future. Hope to see you again. Thanks a lot again.