All reviews homemade shortbread quiet lane golf course country lane luxury bed and breakfast fresh milk in the fridge great cook flat screen tv the main house walk in shower mini fridge nairn golf club first class breakfast choices fresh local produce comfortable beds amazing hospitality
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The location of this modern 5 star B&B could not be more perfect. It's situated just as you enter Nairn and only a few minutes from the stunning beach.

On arrival, you immediately feel a sense of peace and tranquility. The rooms are modern, spacious and comfortable, with all the little touches on a par with the boutique city hotels, we have previously stayed in. The bathrooms are large, luxurious and perfectly suited to the less able bodied traveller. The breakfasts are second to none, with every dietary requirement catered for and all the produce locally sourced.

The jewel in the crown, of this gorgeous home from home, is its owner Liz. You are greeted with a warm, friendly welcome and assured no request is too small. Liz's knowledge of the area is excellent. She provides a little map, which she talks you through, pointing out places she thinks you will enjoy. Liz is supported by a wonderful, attentive team, who really help to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We are already planning our next trip back to this stunning part of Scotland and will definitely be making Sandown House our base every time. The scenery and beaches are breathtaking, not forgetting the stunning, star filled night sky. Finally, a huge thank you to Liz and her team for making our stay so special and memorable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Wow!
What a review Jacqui!
I have never been called a jewel before - thank you!
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and really do appreciate the time you took to share your experience of Sandown House.
I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and Alan back in the future - you are the perfect guests - thank you!
Love
Liz x

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My stay at Sandown House was perfect. Super spacious, clean and comfortable, with every amenity one could want. Breakfast every day was delicious, helpful and plentiful...yes I ate too much every morning!! But best of all is the spirt of hospitality that pervades the place, embodied by Liz who owns and runs the place. She is accommodating, helping and goes the extra mile to make sure your stay is amazing without being asked. She anticipates ways to make your stay better and her suggestions are spot on-she is truly fantastic. I look forward to staying here many times in the future.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Lawrence
It was great to have you stay with us here at Sandown House recently with your friends.
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit, as we certainly loved having you here!
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience at Sandown House and I look forward to seeing you the same time next year!
Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Just a perfect B&B the room was gorgeous, large and spacious beautifully decorated
in a modern style.

After a very long drive, we just wanted to relax, so I jumped straight into the big and I mean big bath, I was saving the walk in showe for my morning treat, the complimentary toiletries reminded me of a Spa lovely smells of lemon grass and ginger one of my favourites.

Lesley the owner had told us the beach was just a 5 minute walk, so wen headed down
there with our two French bull dogs Mo and Flo... Well we could not leave them at home could we, as any pet lover would know!

The beach was a 5 minute walk crossing over a golf course, I must say honestly, it was beautiful, I imagined it being aboard, the beach was a quiet untouched white beach just
perfect to relax and enjoy the peace.

We enjoyed the short stroll back taking in our lovely surroundings,

The room was fully equipped with what you would expect in a 5 star B&B, the breakfast was gorgeous all fresh local produce.

The service was attentive and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.I liked the privacy and not feeling like you had just gone to stay in someone's home like many B&Bs.
Lesley has the friendly and professional balance right.

I fully recommend staying in this B&B it is a relaxing perfect stay, I only wish it could have been longer what a beautiful part of the country.

Room Tip: We had the bottom room with Patio as we took our two dogs with us.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Good Morning Dan
Thank you for your lovely review! Wow!
I am delighted you all enjoyed your stay here at Sandown House and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of welcoming yu back for a longer visit next time!
Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at Sandown House. Liz is a very warm and welcoming host, and she's also very knowledgeable of things to do in the area! Sandown feels very peaceful, as it's closer to the ocean, and a bit out of the way of the busyness of town. If staying there, you should definitely take a walk on the beach at some point.. it was one of the most memorable parts of my Scotland vacation! The sky in the evening, as the sun begins to set, is unreal.

Liz has done a great job with her house, and it feels very comfortable and clean. The renovated bathrooms were extra luxurious! She also makes a delicious breakfast.

All in all, I highly recommend Sandown!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hello Megan
It was great to receive your wonderful review - thank you!
I am so delighted you enjoyed your trip to Scotland and in particular, Sandown House.
It was lovely to meet you both and I do hope you will return again one day!
Kind regard
Lizx

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is more than a B&B. It's a relaxing haven within walking distance of beautiful Nairn and it's quality restaurants. Liz and Andy have gone that extra mile to make Sandown House the only place my wife and I will ever stay when on the Moray Coast. The rooms are all on an epic scale and many of the comforts are far better than those you'll find in any UK Five Star Hotel. Breakfast is expertly cooked and a terrific choice is on offer.

Don;t change a thing, Liz and Andy. We love it!!

Room Tip: Speak with Liz about things to do and see....very knowledgeable.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Jim
You are so very kind to give us such a wonderful review - thank you!
As always, so lovely to see you and welcome you back and delighted you had another great stay here.
I am pleased the weather was kind to you and your lovely wife, it all adds to the weekend.
I hope you had a good trip back home and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Liz x