All reviews homemade bread golf course quiet lane country lane huge walk in shower luxury bed and breakfast fresh milk in the fridge great cook flat screen tv the main house mini fridge great local knowledge castle stuart trip advisor reviews nairn golf club breakfast choices first class
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Just a perfect B&B the room was gorgeous, large and spacious beautifully decorated
in a modern style.

After a very long drive, we just wanted to relax, so I jumped straight into the big and I mean big bath, I was saving the walk in showe for my morning treat, the complimentary toiletries reminded me of a Spa lovely smells of lemon grass and ginger one of my favourites.

Lesley the owner had told us the beach was just a 5 minute walk, so wen headed down
there with our two French bull dogs Mo and Flo... Well we could not leave them at home could we, as any pet lover would know!

The beach was a 5 minute walk crossing over a golf course, I must say honestly, it was beautiful, I imagined it being aboard, the beach was a quiet untouched white beach just
perfect to relax and enjoy the peace.

We enjoyed the short stroll back taking in our lovely surroundings,

The room was fully equipped with what you would expect in a 5 star B&B, the breakfast was gorgeous all fresh local produce.

The service was attentive and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.I liked the privacy and not feeling like you had just gone to stay in someone's home like many B&Bs.
Lesley has the friendly and professional balance right.

I fully recommend staying in this B&B it is a relaxing perfect stay, I only wish it could have been longer what a beautiful part of the country.

Room tip: We had the bottom room with Patio as we took our two dogs with us.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Good Morning Dan
Thank you for your lovely review! Wow!
I am delighted you all enjoyed your stay here at Sandown House and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of welcoming yu back for a longer visit next time!
Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at Sandown House. Liz is a very warm and welcoming host, and she's also very knowledgeable of things to do in the area! Sandown feels very peaceful, as it's closer to the ocean, and a bit out of the way of the busyness of town. If staying there, you should definitely take a walk on the beach at some point.. it was one of the most memorable parts of my Scotland vacation! The sky in the evening, as the sun begins to set, is unreal.

Liz has done a great job with her house, and it feels very comfortable and clean. The renovated bathrooms were extra luxurious! She also makes a delicious breakfast.

All in all, I highly recommend Sandown!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hello Megan
It was great to receive your wonderful review - thank you!
I am so delighted you enjoyed your trip to Scotland and in particular, Sandown House.
It was lovely to meet you both and I do hope you will return again one day!
Kind regard
Lizx

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is more than a B&B. It's a relaxing haven within walking distance of beautiful Nairn and it's quality restaurants. Liz and Andy have gone that extra mile to make Sandown House the only place my wife and I will ever stay when on the Moray Coast. The rooms are all on an epic scale and many of the comforts are far better than those you'll find in any UK Five Star Hotel. Breakfast is expertly cooked and a terrific choice is on offer.

Don;t change a thing, Liz and Andy. We love it!!

Room tip: Speak with Liz about things to do and see....very knowledgeable.

Hello Jim
You are so very kind to give us such a wonderful review - thank you!
As always, so lovely to see you and welcome you back and delighted you had another great stay here.
I am pleased the weather was kind to you and your lovely wife, it all adds to the weekend.
I hope you had a good trip back home and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Liz x

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Large and extremely well appointed suite, tasteful and modern fresh decor and many extra, unexpected touches, like mat for straighteners, corkscrew, homemade shortbread, first class toiletries. Luxurious bathroom. Fresh milk in fridge. Quality coat hangers to name but a few of the things that makes Sandiwn House a must return venue. The breakfast choices and quality of the food, both in taste and presentation are outstanding. Liz is so welcoming and willing to suggest, and make dinner and taxi reservations. Her customer orientation is second to none. Her staff are helpful and friendly and talk very highly if her.

Room tip: Every room first class.

Dear Ann
What a lovely review - thank you!
It is very kind of you to take the time to share your experience here at Sandown House.
Lovely to see you, yet again and appreciate your continuous support.
I'm delighted you had a great weekend and the weather was fine too! Such a bonus!
I hope you enjoyed your trip to Aviemore en route home and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Liz xx

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We spent our second night in Scotland at the Sandown House. Liz met us at the door as we arrived and was so lovely and made us feel right at home. We had the big bedroom in the house itself. It was very nice with a huge bathroom. She brought us drinks as we unpacked and made reservations at a fabulous restaurant for dinner. The next morning she made a huge breakfast for us with the best sausage we had anywhere in Scotland and we were there for two weeks. If we are fortunate to ever go back to Nairn, we will be staying at the Sandown B&B again!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

It was lovely to receive your lovely review and I thank you for taking the time to do so!
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here and loved your breakfast!
The sausages are good, they are from our local butcher Bruce Clark!
I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Scotland and I sincerely hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back!
Kind regards