All reviews homemade shortbread quiet lane golf course country lane luxury bed and breakfast fresh milk in the fridge great cook flat screen tv the main house walk in shower mini fridge nairn golf club first class breakfast choices fresh local produce comfortable beds amazing hospitality
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is more than a B&B. It's a relaxing haven within walking distance of beautiful Nairn and it's quality restaurants. Liz and Andy have gone that extra mile to make Sandown House the only place my wife and I will ever stay when on the Moray Coast. The rooms are all on an epic scale and many of the comforts are far better than those you'll find in any UK Five Star Hotel. Breakfast is expertly cooked and a terrific choice is on offer.

Don;t change a thing, Liz and Andy. We love it!!

Room Tip: Speak with Liz about things to do and see....very knowledgeable.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hello Jim
You are so very kind to give us such a wonderful review - thank you!
As always, so lovely to see you and welcome you back and delighted you had another great stay here.
I am pleased the weather was kind to you and your lovely wife, it all adds to the weekend.
I hope you had a good trip back home and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Liz x

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Large and extremely well appointed suite, tasteful and modern fresh decor and many extra, unexpected touches, like mat for straighteners, corkscrew, homemade shortbread, first class toiletries. Luxurious bathroom. Fresh milk in fridge. Quality coat hangers to name but a few of the things that makes Sandiwn House a must return venue. The breakfast choices and quality of the food, both in taste and presentation are outstanding. Liz is so welcoming and willing to suggest, and make dinner and taxi reservations. Her customer orientation is second to none. Her staff are helpful and friendly and talk very highly if her.

Room Tip: Every room first class.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ann
What a lovely review - thank you!
It is very kind of you to take the time to share your experience here at Sandown House.
Lovely to see you, yet again and appreciate your continuous support.
I'm delighted you had a great weekend and the weather was fine too! Such a bonus!
I hope you enjoyed your trip to Aviemore en route home and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Liz xx

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We spent our second night in Scotland at the Sandown House. Liz met us at the door as we arrived and was so lovely and made us feel right at home. We had the big bedroom in the house itself. It was very nice with a huge bathroom. She brought us drinks as we unpacked and made reservations at a fabulous restaurant for dinner. The next morning she made a huge breakfast for us with the best sausage we had anywhere in Scotland and we were there for two weeks. If we are fortunate to ever go back to Nairn, we will be staying at the Sandown B&B again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

It was lovely to receive your lovely review and I thank you for taking the time to do so!
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here and loved your breakfast!
The sausages are good, they are from our local butcher Bruce Clark!
I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Scotland and I sincerely hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

It's always a very good sign when most of the other guests during your stay had been there already in the past. And after our own stay we'll probably join those ranks as well.

The rooms are nicely appointed with an obvious love for detail, and you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer, more welcoming host than Liz, the lady who's in charge there.

And ... it's great value as well. So, if you're looking for a place to stay when you're in that area: look no further, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the lovely review!
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it was lovely to meet you all!
I appreciate your time in reviewing Sandown House and look forward to welcoming you back!
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We can't say enough good things about Liz! Upon arriving after a long drive from Troon, we met Liz and she instantly made us feel at home before making dinner reservations at a local hotel overlooking the Moray Firth. The room and bathroom was spacious and beautifully decorated, and her breakfasts are first rate. We planned a trip to the Orkney Isles and had to leave early...she made up the most delicious bags of food for our trip so we would have food for the day!! She couldn't do enough for her guests to make sure everyone was taken care of....Thanks again we hope to be back soon!!

Room Tip: The house is situated on a single car wide road in a quiet area. The beach and Nairn golf course are in walking distance.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
sandownhouse, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hi Frank
It was great to receive your lovely review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
I do hope you will return to Sandown House another time and experience the many fabulous courses you missed this visit!
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience at Sandown.