1,208 results
All reviews leisure facilities swimming pool steam room and sauna ben nevis the main hotel db b buffet breakfast bar menu bit dated public areas plenty of parking one night stay couple of nights town centre porridge tea and coffee biscuits
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

You really shouldn't go there! There were human hairs un the shower and urines on the toilets! Nobody came to Wash it when de told them! It really was disgusting! No excuse, nothing! Am i your maid?????? We're very disappointed and dissatisfied! Please don't go!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Thanks guys for another great week.
Fantastic friendly staff always a pleasure to visit, decent food.
The hotel has had many improvements over the last few years and i lookforward to my next visit in january.
Cheers
Brian

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BrianC52
BenNevisManager, Manager at Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in January.

With kind regards

Andrew Liddle
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on Saturday. On entering the "superior double" the room was stale and cold with an unpleasant smell. After turning on the radiator, the room soon heated up and the stale smell improved a bit. Tea and coffee making facilities and shortbread supplied.
Bar meal starters (haggis bon bons) were good but main meal (cajun chicken breast) was just OK.
Breakfast was a complete disaster. All cooked food was cold. A member of staff was CONSTANTLY checking the food temperature, which meant the food lids were always open. I informed her that the food was cold but she said according to her recordings, the food temperature was acceptable. So I asked for poached eggs as they would be freshly cooked to order but unfortunately we couldn't have these as there was no gas in the kitchen! (All the food is bought in frozen and heated up in the kitchen as explained by reception staff when checking out. After enquiring about our stay, nothing was done about our complaint )
Before checking out, I went for a swim. Decent changing area and showers and a lovely pool with an amazing view of the hills. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was not working.
Over all, the only good thing about our stay was the swimming pool.
I definitely would not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaryAndMargaret
Reviewed 29 October 2018

I'm getting really unlucky with recent hotel bookings and this run continued with my visit to this establishment.

It was a poor experience and I simply can't recommend it based on the one-night stay I had there.

I emphasise one-night because beyond that I would have checked out and stayed elsewhere.

Hotels nowadays, in my opinion smply can't trade on the 'just good enough' approach; the Ben Nevis has clearly adopted this way of operating and for me it's not good enough.

So, quickly then, what irked me the most.

First thing, and this is my fault, the hotel allows dogs. had i researched properly I would have known this and this knowledge would have meant not booking at all. I have an allergy in this respect, but to be fair, got lucky with the room allocated.

The bar food is terrible and way overpriced. Fishcakes are on the menu but ther are not made on the premises, or at least the dish I had was not. Deep fried freezer efforts served with a vegetable salad. Not good.

Getting back to the room we had - billed as 'superior', it was adequate but not brilliant. Better rooms in a Premier Inn or Travelodge in my opinion.

I found a dirty hand towel too in the cupboard under the washbasin in the bathroom.

Be warned too that the bed is a small double.

The building too is heated like a sauna. I get the need to have the place warm, but goodness me, in certain places it was unbearable - thinking here of the main restaurant where breakfast was served. Stifling.

The breakfast choice was extensive, but I simply hate the buffet approach. Food lying for goodness how long. Just my preference.

As this stay was part of a birthday treat, it was disappointing.

No return for me.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bogheadben
BenNevisManager, Manager at Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your comments are more personal preference, however we do believe that our bar food represents good value for money and the positive feedback we receive from our guests is evident of the hard work we have put in to ensure that our food is of a high standard.

We have recently seen a dip in temperature to near freezing conditions. Under these circumstances we decided to turn the heating on within the restaurant, although this is monitored and we will certainly keep an eye on this going forward.

I was however disappointed to note a towel was left in your bathroom cupboard. Please be assured that I have since spoken with our Head Housekeeper to ensure that this does not happen again, and please accept our apologies in this regard.

Thank you once again for submitting a review of your stay.

With kind regards

Andrew Liddle
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend. Staff friendly and welcoming but no lift available in hotel which meant having to carry bags up 2 flights of stairs. Room was adequate but in need of decorating and window was difficult to shut once opened.We were unable to find many channels on the TV in the room and Freeview was not tuned in. Bathroom was small and toilet paper dispenser being on the wall behind the toilet was awkward to use. Spa facilities were available but it necessitated going outside to access these and on a chilly morning this was not ideal. Breakfast was
excellent with a wide choice to suit all tastes. The evening meal was equally good and very reasonably priced.
The website photographs give the impression that it is a very smart hotel.This may be true of the main building but everywhere else was tired and in need of refurbishment.

Trip type: Travelled with friends