I decided last minute to go for a drive with my girlfriend and my mum decided she wanted to come along too, so we set off towards Fort William and decided to book somewhere for the night once there. This hotel was only around £50 - £60 per room for a night so we thought we would give it a try.
The first impression was fantastic because the staff were really friendly and accommodating and upgraded both rooms for free so that we could all be in the same part of the hotel, which was a brilliant start. The food served in the restaurant was brilliant quality and at around £15 per head was great value for money.
The rooms were nothing special, but were clean and had all the facilities you would expect in hotel accomodation, however the pool and jacuzzi, were in great condition so the quality was where it counts.
The next day we decided to try and book a second night at the same hotel so we could travel further north but have somewhere decent to stay the next day. once again the staff renewed our booking and managed to shuffle things around so we could keep the same rooms and again at no additional cost for the upgrades.
We ate in the bar on the second night and the food was really good and quite large portions. The only downside was that the crowd in the bar was a bit more lively but it was a bar after all!
I would recommend this a good stop off if you are looking for somewhere cheap but comfortable to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland