All reviews inverlochy castle sized room large towels michel roux shared kitchen would stay again light bulbs on arrival common room porridge views of ben nevis self catering comfy bed other guests factors cottage lounge
Reviewed 23 September 2018

First, let me say that there is Factors Cottage and Factors Inn. We stayed at Factors Cottage, and what a great experience. The room was large,clean, very nicely decorated with a country chic vibe. There was also a fully equipped kitchen (sorry, no dishwasher) and living, dining room and washer and dryer at your disposal. Since we wanted to make supper we thought this was a great choice. We booked the b&b rate because we wanted to experience the luxury of a castle breakfast. Breakfast was great and we were treated marvellously by staff.
We did have a problem with the bedding, since it turned out we were allergic to it. The night clerk helped out as best as he could to fix the problem.The next day the head of housekeeping at the castle had already been informed about the problem went above and beyond what you would expect and bought a comforter for us. You may not be staying in the actual castle but if you have an issue you’ll be receiving a castle level standard of assistance. Just because we were staying in the cottage we weren’t treated like second class people, we received excellent service and would stay here again. Would highly recommend staying here. We’ll have nothing but fond happy memories. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The ground floor room was handicapped friendly with exterior access and a handicapped bathroom.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Even though it’s part of the inverlochy castle, the cottage doesn’t come with the luxury feel. I regretted not booking the room in the castle. The bathroom light was broken. They had to come and fix it late at night. There isn’t even any Kleenex in the room. Granted the room was spacious. Next I’m not staying at this gardeners quarter. I’ll stay in the castle.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

On arrival at the castle to get our keys the staff were very friendly. I had not booked breakfast when I booked the room so did so then and paid upfront. Our room in Factors Inn was very nice, clean and comfortable. It is in a good location for exploring the area. The following morning we went for breakfast and it did not appear that our reservation had been made as we were not expected. Breakfast was very good and the waiter was lovely. On check out I was asked again if I had paid for breakfast. It took the shine off a special treat and felt embarrassing.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

On arrival the place was in darkness, a sign on the door notes to check in at the Inverlochy Castle. Good attentive staff, I had my tea in the lounge before going back to the Inn. Little instruction but I managed to find my room. A good sized room/suite with A very comfy bed, good shower and large towels. I left early so did not see anything of the rest of the Inn, I would stay again. Breakfast at the cast £21 is worth it if only to eat in the dinning room & have Albert or Michel Roux cook for you!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the cottages with 5 persons in three rooms for two nights. The rooms are very comfortable equipped and very spacious. Also the bathroom looks very good. E. g. the fluffy towels were warmed! With all guests you share a good equipped kitchen and a living room. We just had one major problem: the beds. All five of us woke up each morning with back problems. Reason for this was, that the mattrasses were very, very soft.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family