“Fantastic breakfast, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, what more could you ask?”
Review of The Lime Tree

The Lime Tree
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I arrived at the lime tree hotel and was greeted warmly and given a mini tour of the hotel to see the local paintings.

Rooms are very comfortable, good for the reasonable price. Warm, spacious and I imagine perfect as a base for trekking/travelling around. I was only there on business but wouldn't think twice about returning if I was in the area.

Breakfast was the real treat though, eggs benedict with a perfect runny egg! I was very pleased.

I'd recommend this hotel for definite, the only down point for me is that the restaurant is expensive. I imagine that too is worth the money though!

• Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2012

After a long day's drive we stopped in at The Lime Tree for one night. We were pleasantly surprised with the spacious room which was offered. It was clean and comfortable with a large bathroom. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the restaurant and a hearty breakfast the next day. Staff were very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LCRAUS
sussex
Reviewed 15 January 2012

we stay here for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon in Scotland. We had one of the front guest rooms at the top of the hotel and hat a view over the loch, it was breath taking. the staff were very welcoming and the art work was brilliant. The breakfast was first class my wife doe not usually eat breakfast but she made an except here, she still talks about the potato cakes whenever we have a cooked breakfast. on the last night we had a meal in the restaurant which was one of our favourite meals we have ever had out. Fantastic hotel in a great location a few minutes walk from main drag of shops and you can step right out onto the bank of Loch Linhe. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamiesussex
Yorkshire
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Me and my partner had a three night stay at the The Lime Tree Hotel. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome, given information on the local area and shown to our room which was of a good size,wonderful views of the loch,clean and with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in when staying in a hotel.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and attended to your ever need..I was impressed that the restaurant staff knew the ingredients in all there meals. With this being a small hotel it felt more personable. David the owner has a wealth of information on walks and climbs and was never too busy to have a chat when you return from your day. I loved nothing more than after a day walking,have a Bailey in front of the log fire in one of their two beautiful reception rooms.

The food was some of the best I have ever tasted and I have been to a few Michelin star restaurants..reasonably priced and all local in-season food selected with the menu changing every few days and beautifully presented. we dined here every night of our stay. Breakfast well what can I say, just as magnificent as the evening meals,a wide choice available and I loved the eggs benedict!

Overall this hotel was wonderful, I will most certainly be coming back again. Thank you to all the staff that made our stay so enjoyable.

Lauren

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank lorrell
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Our room was modern, with a comfortable bed and lovely en suite. It was well decorated and had everything you might need for a relaxing stay. We slept well. We had a picturesque view. The restaurant was excellent and we had a wonderful dinner there then made our way to Ben Nevis the next day. Parking is a little tight but with a bit of shuffling we found a space.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple