We (husband and I in our early 60's) stayed at this hotel in February 2012 for a Monday to Friday break with Shearings holidays. Arrived late (8pm) and the meal we had straight away was as if it was freshly cooked and was ample and tasty. We enjoyed all our evening meals. Our room on the fourth floor, which we checked out after a couple of drinks on our AI package was just what we needed. No flat screen TV but who wants to watch TV when we were provided with three good nights very good entertainment and one night, not bad. Lovely clean sheets, comfy twin beds, bath, shower tea and coffee. The breakfast every morning was served to us by excellent waiting staff and was very good. The AI bar was excellent and only a bit of a wait when it got to near 10:30pm when the AI ended. The hotel is about two miles from the centre of Fort William and we shared a taxi with another couple for £5 each way. Bus was £1.75 each so taxi was cheaper. Lift broke on the Tuesday and because of my difficulties with walking and stairs they found me a room on a lower floor and offered to move our belongings. I cant fault any of the staff and they made our break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly opposite Loch Linnhe, you can admire the fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding wooded hills and mountains from this hotel. Along with the dining room and pleasant lounge area, all front facing rooms offer super views of the breathtaking Loch Linnhe. The comfortable lounge and ballroom host entertainment most nights, often with a distinct Scottish flavour which is perfect for unwinding after a day’s sightseeing or exploring. A number of rooms have been recently refurbished to increase the capacity at this popular hotel and there is a convenient lift that serves all floors. At nine miles long and over a mile wide and with Ben Nevis towering above, Loch Linnhe is one of Scotland’s natural treasures. The hotel is also just two miles south of the town centre of Fort William, known as the outdoor capital of Britain, and here you can explore the many small and interesting shops and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Bay Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Fort William
- Caledonian Hotel Fort William
- Fort William Caledonian Hotel
- Bay Caledonian Hotel Fort William, Scotland