All reviews browns restaurant hotel is modern two double beds fantastic hotel night porter ten minute walk hotel restaurant no lift breakfast was included stayed one night busy road up to date good size train station west highland way comfortable stay comfortable rooms
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights at the end of hiking the W. Highland Way.
After the last day and a 15 mile walk, we arrived at the hotel relieved to be out of the rain and looking forward to a hot bath and good meal. The bath was excellent. The meal was exceedingly mediocre. That sums up our experience. I am very curious how the hotels are rated in Scotland, because this did not seem to meet a four star accreditation.

Accommodation: the room was spacious, modern, very well appointed, yet stuffy. The hotels many doors and hallways prevent good airflow, which extends into the rooms themselves. Those people servicing the rooms are without flaw. Those at reception are inconsistent. Some are interested in helping and some are not interested at all.

Restaurant: one dinner meal was mediocre. The service was good, but the food was nothing to write home about. The salads were overly saucy and the selection of the desserts disappointing. However, we ate there again on the third night only because it was raining hard and we did not want to walk to town. The service was excellent, and the dinner was very good. We had a venison dish and a chicken dish and both were well cooked with appropriately delicious sauces. The breakfasts are disappointingly similar to every other Scottish hotel. The service a little surly.

Anecdote: after a long hiking trip in grotesque weather, we had a lot of laundry, as you can imagine. We had been notified prior to arrival that the hotel did not offer laundry services, yet when we asked the reception staff they were not particularly interested in helping. After a little research we found a local commercial laundry that was willing to take our bag of stinky stuff. A four-star hotel should have found this for us.
If you are in need, check out MacKleeners.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night whilst supporting my brother on his coast to coast bike ride. Much of the accommodation we had stayed in had been cheaper b&b's (remote villages etc) so I was really looking forward to staying in a suite at the Nevis bank inn. Boutique Accommodation in fort William is not plentiful! When I booked I specifically asked for a quiet Room as I'm a light sleeper. I was told a suite st £150 would be best. First impressions were good. Modern and clean - not 5 star but clearly refurbished so I was happy. Our room was at the back of hotel. Again As we were checking in I raised the point about needing a quiet room. I was told def yes - quiet and our room had only been refurbished 3 yrs ago. Happy me!
Room was fine - big sitting area overall room was decent basic. Bed ok . Lighting poor but I'm now being picky.
We had a very good meal in browns and went to bed around 10.30 given that we had an early start in morning.
From the moment my head hit the pillow I could hear a noise outside the window . It was we think a boiler or a fan and it would run for a minute then silent then start up again - ALL night! I rang reception and the night watchman said he would walk around but had no idea what to noise was..he suggested closing the Windows (it was HOT) but couldn't offer me s fan (which, note to management) wld help drown out noise) I can't believe I'm the only person to have complained about this but maybe I am just super sensitive! So finally about 2am I gave in and managed to fall asleep . About 3am both my husband and I jolted awake when our neighbours arrived back after a night out!! They could have been In our room. There is NO sound proofing in the bathroom - totally inexcusable in a modern recently refurbed hotel. We could hear EVERYTHING. But the worse thing was the bathroom fan in their room. They went to bed leaving their light on and so the fan was left running.. To add to our misery This fan had a noisy motor which didn't run smoothly so It was torture! We were both kept awake and were shattered!
We checked out early (breakfast didn't look inspiring) and managed to stand our ground for at least 15 minutes refusing to pay full price for the room. The manageress said she couldn't discount the Room and when I asked to speak to the owner I couldn't as he was on holiday!(I hope he got to sleep on his holiday!!) .
She finally agreed To give a discount to get rid of me.
If you have to stay here then Check very carefully about where yr room is and maybe take your chances with a room at the front!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SallycooperOxford
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Very friendly clean hotel with a good restaurant offering a good varied menu. Rooms were of a good size and clean. There was plenty of parking and the hotel is situated within a short walk of the city centre. Our only criticism was that the public rooms were very hot.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterKleen
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. Lovely hotel.
Staff friendly, especially the lady who worked the breakfast shift in the restaurant (can't remember her name). Very cheery and helpful.
It is only a ten minute walk into the town itself. Ideal location.
Would recommend it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank E L
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Good room with all amenities and care taken in presentation Very comfortable
Excellent service by all at the hotel and especially at the front desk and in the bar/restaurant
Great food for dinner and good quality breakfast One of the best dinners we have had in travelling through the UK
Very pleasant and efficient service
Would stay again