Stayed at Rocpool midweek in April to celebrate my Mum's 60th birthday, and also my birthday - we had been upgraded to a Chic room, due to problems with the voucher we were using for our stay, and it was more than lovely! Large and spacious, although quite dark, due to it's location on the lower ground floor. Comfortable beds, complimentary mineral water and the fancy coffee maker were all appreciated! The bathroom was fantastic as well, with a huge bath / monsoon shower, and Molten Brown goodies. The hotel decor is very modern and indeed did remind me of Cameron House, where we have stayed before, albeit on a much smaller scale. One issue I did encounter was that the WiFi was really hit or miss, not sure if that was just due to our lower ground floor location, but after speaking to reception a couple of times to solve the problem, only for it to happen again, I gave up!!
We dined in the bar that evening on the 'Roux Express' menu - lovely to have a little taste of lots of different things, although I did find my dessert was a bit cold by the time I had got to it (all 4 courses are served at the same time on a 'tasting platter' style dish) The food was delicious though. And the same can be said for breakfast the next morning, to say we were spolied for choice was an understatement!! Fantastic and attentive service at both dinner & breakfast all added to the experience. All the staff we dealt with were very efficient and friendly in fact, although it was sometimes hard to get hold of someone in the Reception area, as there's not really an official 'desk' as such.
Overall, we felt that we experienced a really indulgent break, and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. It is expensive though (having seen the normal rack rates) so perhaps more somewhere you'd go for a special treat?! We felt that we got amazing value for money however, using our voucher, and would definitely reccomend the hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing and decadent weekend away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star boutique hotel opened in February 2006. A totally renovated Georgian Townhouse featuring stunning modern original design. The hotel also has a Chez Roux restaurant with a French flair and R-bar for cocktails. All produce used is local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel & Chez Roux Hotel Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel And Chez Roux
- Rocpool Reserve Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel & Chez Roux Inverness, Scotland