All reviews missed breakfast basic room culloden battlefield great room stayed for two nights car park pleasant stay poached eggs yogurt bunk
Reviewed 8 October 2017

A group of seven of us visited on our way round Scotland on motorbikes.

The hotel was one of the only ones we could find with available rooms. It was in need of a refurb. Having said that, the staff were friendly and it was good value. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris-Stanbury
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here recently 3 adults and a 2 year old. We had 2 double rooms over the corridor from each other.
The stairs up to the 2nd floor were steep but it wasn't too bad once we had got to our rooms.
The bed was comfortable and the shower a good size.
The breakfast was good and service not too bad.
When we first pulled up we were unsure if we had made a mistake as it doesn't look much outside and it smells like a bar when you arrive but it did the job, would recommend for 1 night maybe 2 as a Base but not somewhere i would suggest staying for a weeks holiday.
Over all reasonably priced and nice rooms and breakfast and that's what you want!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I Booked on night at a cost of £95. Not knowing the Hotel and booking through booking.com understanding the Hotel would be of some quality. The outside of the building is not attractive and would give the thoughts of a pub with some rooms.
I arrived at 10pm and if it had been earlier I would just have turned the car and made the 300mile journey home.
The reception was staffed by a member from the bar who gave me a key and directions to the room on the second floor which required taking a case up two flights of stairs of numerous and steps.
Having negotiated the steps and entered the room which was similar to an atic room and it certainly did not warrant a price tag of £95 and did not even compare with a normal Guest House Bed & breakfast accommodation.
The shower cabinet and markings around the basin and there was no toiletries as stated on their booking confirmation
I have taken pictures of the accommodation which speak for themselves

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank _n7tom
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I've loved the hotel, in a quiet residential place with all the comodities needed. The shower is really regenerating and the bed is very comfortable. Guys working there are kind, polite and nice. The hotel keeper is a sociable and funny old man who can tell you fascinating stories if you let him talk. I particularly liked the boy who was at the reception when I arrived, the one with flesh tunnel earrings, because he has been spontaneously friendly. I strongly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017

A family run hotel with all facilities, incredibly friendly owner (Mario) and staff. Clean, comfortable and large room with a great bathroom. Brilliant breakfast and evening meals. Loved my steak followed by a superb cranachan prepared by the enthusiastic young cook, Paul. The large car park was perfect for me to leave my trailer and tow car while we did the NC 500 in our Triumph TR4. Cost, for all these facilities, was the same as differing B & B's on our trip and a welcome place to return. Great value for a large hotel. My only criticism was that our front facing room was a bit noisy in the morning with the window open. Fine with heavy window closed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple