All reviews bed apartment secure parking fourth floor lovely apartment stayed longer great location fresh milk train station balcony keys washer tv accommodation wifi bath
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I am quite an experienced traveller and have stayed in all kinds of accommodation. And I would like to think I am quite an objective reviewer on Trip Advisor. So I am submitting this review for the Bridge Street Apartments in Inverness.

I will begin with the positives. This flat is centrally located and is cheaper than other local serviced flats. It is spacious enough for two people. It has a small living room with a tv, a small balcony, toilet, utility room with washer, small kitchen with a dishwasher, double bedroom and a bathroom with bath/shower. There is a lift available. There is no safe.

Unfortunately there was no owner or manager on site. Communication was via text. The arrangements for keys and payment were challenging because of this. The owner asked for cash payment which I found dubious. Our contact was a "friend" at a local restaurant who harassed us for payment even though the arrangements had not been made clear, and treated us as criminals attempting to escape payment which I have never nor would ever do.

Unfortunately we did not enjoy our stay in this apartment. The ventilation is poor and there is no air conditioning. Even with the door open on the balcony there was little air circulation. There is also no ventilation in the bathroom.

The shower leaks water all over the floor. There is a side panel on the bath that kept falling off whenever you shut the door. The shower was not clean with mildew and dirty grout. And (I know this is an unusual comment) but where they store the toilet paper causes it to have an extremely unpleasant odour of vomit. We had to go and buy our own toilet paper, Kleenex, shampoo, hand soap and shower gel. Shampoo and shower gel was not provided. Also, the linen was of poor quality, small and coarse.

The bed has to be one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. It was very hard and you could feel springs popping through. I had a sore back every morning.

Part of staying in the town centre is the noise from nearby clubs. And you can hear this easily because you will have to have the windows open due to the poor ventilation.

The general housekeeping leaves much to be desired with dust, cobwebs and bugs evident.

So I would recommend you pay more money and stay where my friends stayed at some lovely flats just up the road across from McDonald's.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Unit 405 was spacious and well appointed. We were met by Gisela, the owner, who showed us around and got us well oriented.

This was about midway through a 2 week trip in Scotland and it was such a pleasure to relax in this lovely apartment, get some laundry done and enjoy some down time to sit on the couch, watch a movie and have a snack and a glass of wine from the fridge.

Secure parking, great location right on the Ness River and just a quick walk from the Tesco supermarket (5 minutes). It is also just across the bridge from Rocpool, arguably the finest restaurant in Inverness.

This apartment would be a great location for a longer stay as it is a great base for exploring the surrounding region. It is close to the Black Isle, the Speyside distilleries and it is smack dab in the center of Inverness, a very cool city!

Would return in a heartbeat. Thank you Gisela!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2016

These apartments couldn't be more centrally located; they are right by the Ness and convenient for all the amenities in town. They may be self-catering but I don't think the owners really expect you to eat in a lot; the cooking utensils provided are adequate, but no more, which is no problem because Inverness is blessed with many excellent value restaurants. The heating is night storage and the day we arrived (in December) it was freezing, because it hadn't been turned on the night before - a big mistake when there's no other source of instant heat! It also took us 2 hours, no kidding, to find the on-off switch on the TV, because it had been carefully hidden underneath the front of the console, a black switch on a black ground... But once sorted, the place was warm and comfortable and it was easy to get clothes washed and dried. Above all, the location is perfect.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Luxurious apartment, very clean and airy. Great amenities. Almost perfect! We stayed in apartment 401.....it looked out back of apartments....mostly a cream coloured wall (side of the apartment block)....if owner were to put some trellis around the balcony it would enhance the view 100%. We only found one drawback.....getting in and out of the apartment. Sadly there was only one key-card for entry into the garage, one key for the downstairs front entrance and one key for the apartment. This was a huge problem for us as there were times my husband and I wanted to do our 'own' thing...him more sightseeing whilst I did some shopping but we always had to meet up 'before' heading back to the apartment as there was no instruction left on how to use the front entry/intercom system. My husband actually locked himself out of the building just as we were getting prepared to leave the accommodation! He'd left the apartment to go down to the garage to load our car up with some of our luggage....but forgot to take the key-card with him. Once in the garage he couldn't get back into the building from there as no key-card! Also no signal on his mobile from the garage! He let himself out of the garage and went to the front entrance and called my mobile but i'd forgotten to take my mobile off 'silent'!!!! Oops! So he had to wait until someone was entering the building to get back in! This wouldn't have happened if we'd had two sets of keys/key-cards. Apart from that comedy of errors though, we loved our stay in this beautiful apartment and hope to return. Alison Nugent.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2015

The website shows a view of the river, so we were disappointed to find ourselves round the back looking out on a flat roof and the side wall of the adjacent Mercure hotel. Even so, this is right in the centre of the city, near the (somewhat limited) shops and just 10 mins walk from the excellent Eden Court Theatre. The apartment was well equipped, with good sized rooms and secure parking in the basement. It was new but just starting to show its age. The bland decor and anonymous corridors made it feel a bit corporate.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple