Kingsmills Hotel
  • Restaurant
Redcliffe Hotel(Inverness)
  • Free Internet
1,969 results
All reviewskings clubthe main hotelkingsclub spagarden roomspa buildingleisure clubluxury roomlovely hotelleisure facilitiesswimming poolconservatory restaurantbunk bedssauna and steam roomon arrivalseparate showerhuge bedwalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2012

A fabulous hotel which exceeded my expectations. We were there for our anniversary and had fantastic time. The room was luxurious and had everything you could need. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was amazing and the atmosphere relaxed. We made great use of the leisure facilities and would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definately visit again.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room on the ground floor which had its own terrace and views of the garden, very quiet and peaceful would recommend asking for one of these.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel met my expectations in every respect except one. It was in a good location, the room was large, clean and well furnished, staff were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was of a good standard. However, my stay was let down by the lack of hot water in the room. I stayed for two nights in April 2012 and on one morning the water in the shower was little more than tepid and on the second it was cold. A complaint to reception was met with the reply "that there was high demand". For a 4 star hotel with 4 star prices a lack of hot water is not acceptable - "high demand" or not.

Room Tip: Many rooms on the first floor at the back overlook a flat roof with multiple airconditioning units on which are noisey. Get a room over looking the front of the hotel or on the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SJones39
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Absolutley lush room & balcony. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was fantastic and overall a lovely experience. Is pricey but worth it for a special occassion/

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony overlooking the golfcourse are an added bonus to the beautiful room. Although you have the privacy of the balcony you are still close to the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Spent a night Kingsmill over the Easter break. Excellent large room with great facilities and a fantastic breakfast spread in the morning. Enjoyed an hour massage at the spa which was very professional, relaxing and excellent value. Just a couple of minutes drive from the centre of Inverness and easily located to get onto the main routes out to loch ness and beyond. Very friendly service with good local knowledge and advice. Would recommend and definitely return

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Arrived at this hotel, full of excitement, as we were tired and were looking forward to a much needed break.
However, on arrival the Receptionist at the Leisure Club managed to give us the keys 2 times to the wrong room, upon arrival. We had booked a room over looking the Golf Course, with a Patio area. Each time we went to the room with a key card, we opened a door to a room without a Patio, needless to say by the third time we were uncertain wheather we'd open a door to a kitchen, or the actual room we had booked, thankfully we did. The Manager, was extremely sweet, and gave us wine for all the confussion.
That evening, we went over to the Hotel for dinner, we both ordered Steak. However, my one came to me under cooked, so the Waiter, who was very helpful, returned it to the kitchen, but it took a good while to come back,and by this time my partner had finished his. Also, the chips were left while the steak was being fixed, therefore I had to wait for more, and the sauce I had ordered was the wrong one when it came back to me. Needless to say, I just ate what I got, and left.
Next day, relaxing in our beautiful room, the heating packed up. I telephoned reception, and was not very nicely told that the reception controlled the heating. Explaining, politely, that our room was freezing, I asked that an Engineer come and have a look at it. The Receptionist stated that a workman would come and check our heating. After a while, a man appeared and agreed with me that the heating had packed up. An Engineer would need to be called. I telephoned Reception and was told as it was bad weather outside, this may take sometime. I asked then for other heaters to be taken to the room, after some discussion they appeared. Finally, after 2 hours, an Engineer appeared.
This was a fantastic way to spend an afternoon of my stay, as you can imagine, because I had to wait for the Engineer to arrive. The workman from the Hotel, I may add was very kind and helpful indeed.
I must add too that in the 3 days we stayed there, twice I had to ask if we could have our room cleaned.
All, in all, believe it or not, we did have a relaxing time, but it would have been so much more enjoyable if these things had not occured.
On conclusion, I think that the Management need to address issues such as, some of their staff, being more friendly and approachable i.e. receptionist at the New Leisure Club.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple