All reviews italian meal ironing board and iron ample wardrobe space other hotels would stay here again service lift the check in process third floor bed and breakfast higher standard dirty plates breakfast service nice resort flat screen steam room and sauna modern hotel aspects restaurant
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I booked into the Macdonald Morlich Hotel for 4 nights over the Easter weekend for my 11 yr old son and myself and was hugely disappointed
It's a Macdonald Hotel so I would have expected
1. Room Service
2. Baths in all rooms
3. Rooms to be cleaned by 4.30pm
4. A reasonably sized room - I'm glad I didn't have a cat !!
5. Not to be kept awake by moving lifts - the shafts of which were adjacent to our room
We even left a day early and this wasn't picked up at checking out
I would rate this only slightly higher ( due to lovely big white towels) than a travel lodge for more than treble the price !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
General M, Manager at Macdonald Morlich Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear 'susan_cameron3'

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor

I am sorry that you left the resort feeling disappointed, you have a number of issues which I will pass on to the relevant departments in order to work on solution for each of the points you have raised. It is saddening to read that you decided to leave a day early and I would like to once again apologise that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I took my mine year old daughter for a one night stay. I couldn't fault our room: beautifully decorated and spotless. We, on reflection, ought to have gone out for dinner but, instead, had a fairly mediocre Italian meal at Giovanni's. The service was slow and the food was not remarkable - sorry! Breakfast was adequate. We used the activity centre which was a little tired. £3 for a coffee! Despite this, I'd happily go back as the location is super, quiet, full of birdsong, my daughter loved the pool and the room was lovely. The whole resort seems geared up for families.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
General M, Manager at Macdonald Morlich Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear 'Esther H'

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor

I am so glad that you and your daughter were able to enjoy our resort to such a great extent. I am sorry that your dinner in our Italian restaurant was not at the high standards that we aim to provide - but it is great to see that this was the only negative in an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable visit.

I hope that we can welcome you back some day soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a night in this hotel, it was a gift we received at Christmas. The hotel is nice and the room was very clean and comfortable. Slept really well in the big comfortable bed and enjoyed a lovely breakfast. All the staff were great and there are good facilities in the resort. I would definitely stay again and can recommend this hotel for a wee break. It was our first trip to Aviemore and we both really enjoyed it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear 'Simone3838'

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the resort, your comments about the room, bed, staff and facilites that we provide are extremely pleasing to read. Thank you very much for your recommendation.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

The Executive King was incredibly spacious with a large en-suite including shower and bath. The shower had overhead rainfall + hand-held unit on flexible hose. It also had a heated mirror, heated towel rail but no obvious moisture extractor fan.

The room had a large safe capable of taking moderately sized laptops, cameras+lenses. Room furniture included a mini lounge area, wardrobe for hanging jackets and decent amount of floorspace for 2 suitcases. Massive comfortable bed. Good lighting levels. It was quiet and I slept very well - Possibly not full occupancy at time of stay.

General location for all resort buildings is also very good, being a few minutes walk from the main high street/restaurant area of Aviemore but away from the main traffic routes and within a grassy light woodland setting. Some more obvious signage and better lit paths wouldn't go amiss. Easy pedestrian access to small public park and hill climb at the back of hotel. I'm surprised they don't make more of this fact.

The windows didn't fully seal in the en-suite or the main bedroom. There was always a slight draft from the top corner although the adjustable in room heater and curtains were capable of compensating. It was windy and a few degrees Celsius above 0 at the time.

At time of stay there was an abundance of free parking for private vehicles. I didn't use any other resort site facilities or evening restaurants so can't comment on these.

The breakfast room is a couple of minutes walk away in another building. This might actually be a good thing if you want quiet as it means the whole hotel isn't stomping past your room on the way to breakfast. Breakfast has a wide selection: Variety of cereals (inc. Rice Krispies, bran, muesli), classic full greasy/oily English, continental (inc. fruit, ham, cheese, yoghurt). My personal advice - if you're there for one or two weeks don't eat it all on the first couple of days.

Breakfast service was a bit inefficient. I wish they made it obvious where I could leave dirty plates because the staff could have been quicker to clear dirty plates from the tables. The weirdest thing was the 'fried' eggs in a swimming pool. Eggs with white bottoms, translucent 2nd layers sitting in what I presume was water and not oil. Thankfully there was other choices to the partially cooked eggs that day. Don't expect crispy bacon either. Looks like it has been poached! At the time of my stay the cooked breakfast was below expectations on a few days.

I would stay here again - 5 star room and location let down by a 3½ star cooked breakfast and breakfast service.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank PescadosGrande
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We stayed here for two nights while on our tour and it was a great stay. The room was lovely - pretty decor with touches of plaid - and the bathroom very nice and modern. The room had a neat energy saving feature in which you'd have to swipe your room card when you first entered the room to turn on the electricity. We slept very well as the beds were comfortable. There was also a hair dryer, too.

There's a movie theatre under two minutes away from this hotel at the resort. We didn't get to go because we were busy sight seeing all day, but we thought the option was cool! Nearby there's a Tesco which we walked to a couple of times for snacks like shortbread and chocolate. The town is quite picturesque. I recommend going out for a walk to explore a little, especially to see Carrbridge, a stunning old bridge. We also saw many bunnies on the grounds of the resort itself which isn't something you see where I'm from. Since Aviemore is in the Highlands, the mountain views are spectacular.

The one downside for me was the first dinner I had there. We picked the fish dinner. It looked delicious. But in mine, I found fish bones. It turned me off of the meal. As we were dining privately in a room with our tour group, the servers were scarce so I didn't make a complaint at the time. The desert, however, was good. It was a kind of cheesecake, very light and almost mousse-like. Dinner the second night was better (and the dessert was good again). Breakfast had so many options from fruit, vegetables, pastries, eggs, and more.

If I got the chance to go back, I definitely would. It's such a lovely hotel and despite the one dinner, I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear 'CaitlinAnnC'

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor

It is great to see that you enjoyed your visit to Aviemore to such a great extent, you have detailed so many of the features that make Aviemore and our resort such a great place to go on holiday.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the resort in the future.