The hotel may be Ok (I have not stayed there) but avoid the Italian restaurant. Food is unispiring. We ate there as all the other places in the town were very busy and we were hungry.
Although it was not totally bad, it tasted like is was mass produced and had been left under a warmer, certainly lacked freshness. We all felt completely underwhelmed!!
We will not go there again. There are loads of better places in Aviemore but make sure you book at busy times. That was our mistake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland