All reviews hole golf course swimming pool electricity charges nine hole sun room through rci sports facilities scottish night self catering steak restaurant lovely week master bedroom dining table chip shop coffee table steam room bus stop
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Check in was excellent and informative. However the first point made free signing in was the fact that electricity had to be paid for. I was aware of that in any case. We arrived in the dark though and on arrival at our villa it las lit up like Blackpool illumations. I took meter readings as instructed only to find out the meters are read the night before departure our three night/two full days stay cost over 30 pounds for electricity. One shower and no more hot water unless the water heater is used.
Facilities are good. Restaurant area looks good but we did not eat there.
All in all a good break but accommodation is dated and in need of an upgrade. If you are prepared for a big electricity bill then it is worth a visit.
Incidentally when I checked out I questioned the electric bill as I had the meter readings but all I got back was that 30 pounds was cheap.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We have been enjoying our timeshare in Aviemore for the last 20 years. We decided in 2016 that we would pay to relinquish our timeshare. This was at a cost of £2000. In return they would give us 2 ‘free weeks’, one in 2017 and one this year. My brother went on our behalf last year and although he enjoyed his week (good weather) he said the accommodation at patio 16 was poor.

My sister went on our behalf this week and I managed up for a couple of days. She was put in patio 16. When I arrived I couldn’t believe how bad the accommodation was. Miss matched furniture, peeling paint, dreary dark units in living room and I could go on and on.

I went to reception and after a phone call managed to get moved to patio 6. It was like night and day. This property should have been allocated at the beginning. Most of the apartments were empty.

I was told we got patio 16 because we got a free voucher. So the conclusion is that if you decided to return your timeshare ownership to them, they will take £2000 and them shaft you with 2 weeks holiday in an apartment which is not fit for rent.

We live Aviemore and would have returned to the resort at a later date but this experience has left a bad taste.

The 2 stars are only for the girl on reception who was really efficient.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lestuc
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place. Very spacious two floor house with stunning views of the mountains and incredibly good value for money. Staff were helpful and friendly. Had to pay for electricity on departure but this was not a problem as it’s so cheap. Didn’t use the pool but it looked lovely. Will definitely return.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
gm_speyvalley, General Manager at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Jo R

Thank you for your positive review of Spey Valley Golf & Country Club. It is always a pleasure to hear that guests have enjoyed their time with us. I am delighted that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort when you return to visit us.

Gina Macpherson

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

3 nights stay arriving Dec 24 and leaving 27. Wife and I resided in first floor, in a one bedroomed apartment, which was well laid out with plenty of room for 2. But it did have capacity for 4. Two golf courses were immediately at hand, one 9 and the other 18 hole . There was one dedicated parking space. Standard type reception area with bar, social area and restaurant. Pool and gym as well.
The staff were helpful and friendly. From resort the views of cairngorm mountains were lovely. The town of aviemore is about a mile away. It is worth a visit with cafes etc. For self catering a coop is close by the resort, and there is a Tesco in town. And yes I would visit again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
gm_speyvalley, General Manager at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Patrick John C

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback after your stay at Christmas.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Gina

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We were in a party of 11, some of us staying at the resort therefore we booked here for Hogmanay dinner. I would summarize the experience as a shambles. The staff didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing. We ordered apple juice for the two 5 years olds in our party and the staff tried to give them white wine saying it was apple juice. They also tried to serve us orange juice as beer. Clearly having no idea what they were serving. We also never received the after dinner coffee's and stovies at midnight that were supposed to be included in the dinner package. To top it off they missed the countdown to midnight and tried to rectify their mistake by doing a countdown and setting off a confetti cannon at 25 past 12. By this point the moment had passed. To finish on a positive note, the food was of a good standard.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
gm_speyvalley, General Manager at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Wendz101

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your experience at Hogmanay. Please be assured I have passed a copy of your email onto the Food & Beverage Director, Stephane Portes who looks after F&B at Spey Valley Golf & Country Club.

Gina Macpherson