“Excellent food and staff. ”
Review of Cafe Strange Brew

Cafe Strange Brew
Ranked #12 of 2,681 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Description: Laid back dining in cosy and charming surroundings. Everything cooked fresh on the premise, using local and organic produce.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic menu and all the food is cooked very well. We had the Stornaway stack and 'that guy' with smoked salmon, both were delicious. I always find a good test in these daytime cafes is the quality of the poached eggs, all of which were perfect and soft.
The staff are very welcoming and the cakes also looked amazing.
The only thing that could be improved is the coffee. It's not bad, just not one I would rush back to order.
Overall, a great place that makes fantastic food.

Laurie M, Owner at Cafe Strange Brew, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hey hey! Thanks so much for the review! It's got us feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
thanks for taking the time to leave it

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I just LOVE this place, every time I come its queued out the door but usually only about a 10 minute wait for a table and trust me when I tell you it’s SO WORTH THE WAIT. The last two times I’ve been in I’ve gone for the specials which are regularly updated. Whether sweet or savoury the dishes do not disappoint. Every time I’m in I have major plate envy for the next table and take a mental note to order that next time! The staff are so nice and friendly and the prices reasonable. Forever my favourite brunch destination. Looking forward to my next visit already.

1  Thank misswilson7
Laurie M, Owner at Cafe Strange Brew, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Aw thank you so much! It's truly appreciated. We are full on busy all day every day and often exhausted but feedback like this makes it all worth it! Look forward to feeding you soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife recommended Cafe Strange Brew to me (as she does with all the places we eat) and we decided to go on bank holiday Monday. The first thing I noticed is that it is very busy (poss because of the holiday) and if its busy its very cramped so we had to stand at the door with 3 or 4 other couples for about 10 mins before we got seated. Once we were sat down though I started to see the food for other tables coming out I could tell that I was going to enjoy it.

The menu is very weird and wonderful, maybe even ecliptic if that is the right word? I ordered the new yorker sandwich and my wife got the spicy eggs Benedict and both were fantastic. There is no set kids menu as such but my daughter had toast and milk and i'm sure if we had wanted something more they would have been more than accommodating as they staff were brilliant. All in all it was a great lunch and I would definitely go back!

Hey! Thanks so much for your review! We are always this busy. There is generally always a wait. Which we are all struggling to control and get to grasps with ( myself, chef/owner included) so to read your positive review when we are struggling to control the business is like music to my ears and truly appreciated. Thanks so much and truly look forward to feeding you again

Cheers

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visiting family, and usually in a larger bunch, but today took a chance for a bank holiday brunch table. Short wait, during which we were warmly communicated with.
The menu is really well priced, good value and made me wonder what to order. I went for the liquidy Turkish eggs and warmed pitta bread. Staff clearly busy, but communicate well with each other and the customers. Nothing is too much bother.
It’s busy, and can be noisy when you first arrive, but it’s got a popular vibe, which I always end up liking. Only downer today was a slice of cake which was a tad dry (made over the Easter weekend)?

Laurie M, Owner at Cafe Strange Brew, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello! Thank you for your lovely review. It can be busy noisy as we are mobbed from doors open to doors close. It's a struggle I'll tell ya! But we love what we do. Sorry to hear your cake is as dry. Next time if anything like that happens please do mention and it will
Be remedied straight away. It gets ROASTING in the cafe so sometimes the cake dries quicker than it should.

Thanks again

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here alone at around 10’in the morning on a Monday. Had to wait around 10 - 15 minuets for a table.

Had the Stornaway Stack and a Cappuccino which was good and served quickly although I think it was served quickly to get me to leave and free up the table. A few other things on the menu that I’d like to try but not sure if I’ll be back.

Fancied something sweet after my Black Pudding and was expecting someone to ask if I wanted anything else but I was ignored as soon as I finished. When paying I realised that there was a whole display of cakes.

Maybe introducing table booking with a table time limit would be more relaxing for staff and diners. The staff were friendly but more interested in the turnover than the service. I also think it was slightly overpriced for what I had.

Hi there

Thanks for taking your time to leave a review. As the owner and full time chef, I can assure we are not more interested in the table
Turnover! Quite the opposite. We are full on from doors open to doors close, so quite thankful of someone who likes to occupy the table and read a book, means we might get two seconds to grab a drink of water! Sorry if that's how you felt but certainly not the case. But yeah someone should have asked you if you fancied anything else. This has been passed on to the waiting staff. Maybe would have been more fair leave a review after a return visit instead, Give us a better chance to get things right. Kind regards, Laurie