“Simply brilliant!”

Ranked #26 of 2,633 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 13
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing social enterprise lunch place right in the heart of Glasgow... great soup, fabulous scones and very good coffee. Food cooked on site, locally sourced wherever possible and bread from the Freedom Bakery at Low Moss Prison. Wonderful!!!

1  Thank Chris E
Beth D, Manager at The Wild Olive Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Chris! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We had a late lunch after an event in the Royal Concert Hall, just up the hill. Sadly, the soup was finished but I had a great cheese scone and my friend had a tasty pasta salad. Coffee was good too.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I had checked the reviews for the wild olive tree prior to our stay in Glasgow and was determined to find it! An amazing venue very clean and the gorgeous stained glass windows at the end of the church take on fabulous colours in the different light. The staff are all lovely and service is quick. We ate here many times for a very tasty and hearty bowl of home made soup. Excellent value with a couple of slices of sour dough bread. Also tasty the enormous homemade scones....the plain one with jam is truly sumptuous. And then we tried the polenta rocket and three cheese one's with butter oh my goodness these took our taste buds to another level. Loved them so much I asked for the recipe and very kindly the obliging cook came upstairs with it handwritten. I can't wait to make these and hope I can do the recipe justice. A big thank you.

1  Thank lola584
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent location and very friendly coffee shop offering a range of coffees and teas.

Four varieties of soups and very tasty.

Staff is pleasent and friendly.

Warm and cozy place and good layout of the tables offers privacy when talking with friends.

Toiles are in the basement.. Small walk but accessible.

Nice and very affordable place for meet ups.

1  Thank Jayanushka
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I’ve had several visits here, and have never been disappointed. Today, I brought a friend who had never visited before. We had a wonderful lunch of soup and bread for me, soup and a scone for her. Tea, coffee, and a shared brownie to finish. The setting is delightful, the service is always friendly, and the food is delicious. Thank you again, Wild Olive Tree.

1  Thank InesR9000