“Dinner at 29”
Review of 29 Glasgow

29 Glasgow
Ranked #373 of 2,653 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and i received a present for a meal and glass of prosseco for 2 at 29. The menu had a decent choice and food was all cooked very well and tasted great. My partner enjoyed her chicken pate and my soup was very good. Both of us when for the chicken breast main couse which was very nice. My partner did regret picking the thick cut chips instead of skinny fries as she thought they were a bit too big. The bread loaf was also very nice and unlike some other restaurants 29 offers a decent amount of butter to go with it.
Great service and value with the itson voucher and overall good visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t recommend more. Booking for my mums birthday surprise girls day for afternoon tea. When booking explained I didn’t know the venue but was looking for luxury and intimacy. Was offered a private dining room at no extra charge, was given a range of options for the room was able to request specific sandwiches and the prosecco was amazing. The service was second to none. I handed in goodie bags the bay before and was delighted the way it was set out. The room had everything we needed and I brought my own sound system. Everything was perfect! Thank you 29 will definitely be back! X

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Terry and I had dined in Room 29 before and were very much looking forward to a return visit. There was just one teeny problem. Terry is diabetic, and sometimes food can present some awkward problems for her. Especially when you have a voucher for a set menu. Not here though, Terry was immediately offered an alternative by the chef. Excellent way of accommodating her special needs.

The service was attentive, but not overly so. The food was great and the atmosphere was excellent. What more could you need ?? We'll be back again the next time we're in Glasgow.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Just returned from girls day out in Glasgow. Groupon voucher 2 courses and a bottle of wine for 2 £29. Beautiful restaurant which was busy and had a great atmosphere with pianist playing. Excellent menu with beautifully presented food. Definitely will do this again. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I bought a Living Social voucher, supposedly half price at £19. I can't believe anyone would pay £38 for this offering. £19 was overpriced. The room used for afternoon tea is on 4th floor and looks nothing like any of the photos on the website. It looks like an unused area where someone had the idea to stick some wee tables and chairs in it, put table covers on and make some money. It has zero ambience. I notice on the website that someone had asked what to expect when they came. The answer was "a three-tier cake stand loaded with....." Loaded? Really?There was indeed a three-tier cake stand but it looked as though someone had forgotten to fill it. My friend and I shared 4 of the tiniest sandwiches I've ever seen plus a miniscule cutting from a wrap.There was, at most ,2 small bites in each. Most of the fillings were nothing more than a thin scraping of tasteless paste, one was a very strange pink offering which tasted quite unpleasant. I'm the least fussy eater but I couldn't swallow some of this. The scone was of the quality expected in my local supermarket and was also small. Cakes were so tiny there wasn't enough surface area to create taste. There was a piece of generic choux pastry with a blueberry on top. I can buy a box of 20 of these in the freezer section at Asda for £1. A sliver of tasteless brownie, a cube of Victoria sponge and a little strawberry tart which was the same diameter as the strawberry on top. Even the tea was in miniature.Have they never invested in some decent sized teapots? The first was lukewarm and my friend and I needed 5 more pots to wash down the tasteless fare. Staff were pleasant enough but unremarkable. I've had a few afternoon teas in a variety of venues, most of which have been superb, with a beautiful array of sandwiches and cakes and freshly baked scones the size of tea plates, and all of them cost less than this one. Sorely disappointed. If you want afternoon tea, you'd get a much better spread in M&S, with change back.

4  Thank Irene H