All reviews botanical gardens west end great western road tartan theme byres road great location oran mor city centre room was clean single room glasgow university small hotel full scottish breakfast lovely hotel free breakfast tea and coffee making facilities bus stop
Reviewed 4 July 2017

My mother, cousin, daughter and I were greeted with a lovely room and a large bowl of melon delivered to us soon after. I found myself not feeling well during our stay and was brought a pot of peppermint tea which was so thoughtful. Our room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The location couldn't have been better. We loved the botanical gardens, access to the West end, and walking in the University's neighborhood nearby. Price was great and the staff was so attentive and nice. We all enjoyed our stay here.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Good location set back off Great Western Road so very handy for West End and Byres Road and Glasgow Uni. We stayed for 2 nights in 1 double room and 1 single room. We were kindly allowed to check in early so daughter could get ready for her afternoon graduation. Our double room was at the back and very quiet but the single was at the front and daughter said it was noisy even with the window closed.

Some staff we encountered were pleasant but others didn't even look up as we passed reception.

Didn't have breakfast in the hotel as we had other plans so cant comment on that. Room was very clean and bed was comfy but pillows not so much and the duvet was one of those thicker ones that didn't snuggle around you. Bathroom was very compact but had plenty of hot water and decent shower pressure even though we were on a higher floor, and heated mirror. No proper toiletries supplied, just liquid soap in shower and by sink. Not much storage space, just 4 hangers in an alcove with a shelf above but as we were only there for 2 nights that didn't matter. There was a decent hairdryer and the mirror was next to a large window so plenty of natural light to get ready. Wifi worked well and for the price we paid thought it was good value.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Another very pleasant stay at this hotel,
We were delighted that another family member was able to add herself at the last moment. It was no problem for the hotel to change our room . Clean, warm well presented rooms, attentive friendly staff.
Good value , well placed hotel for the west end of Glasgow.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2017

First, and most importantly, it's a nice, clean, well priced little hotel. I stayed in a single room and was perfectly happy with all of it. TICK.
Then comes the gentleman who met me and my niece at check in. When I informed him that I was there for my niece's graduation, he gave her a lovely box of chocolates as congratulations. Two cans of Pepsi, fruit and a chocolate cake later, we left with the best check-in story ever :-)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Nazim A, Manager at Argyll Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

Your comprehensive and positive review of your recent stay with us is much appreciated - I'm thrilled to read how impressed you were by our team and the hotel facilities.

I'm sure that the check-in story is not possible to be repeated in any other hotel.

Thank you for your review and recommendation; I hope we'll see you back at The Argyll Western Hotel before too long.

Kind Regards
Robert Rosman

Reviewed 28 June 2017

In addition to being well located, the hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful in multiple ways, such as letting me check in a bit early, helping coordinate getting luggage delivered, and recommending restaurants and tourist sites. I was very pleased and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Nazim A, Manager at Argyll Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear TripAdvisor Member

Your comprehensive and positive review of your recent stay with us is much appreciated - I'm thrilled to read how impressed you were by our team.

Kind Regards