“Central location, good food, reasonably priced”

TGI Friday's - Glasgow
Ranked #614 of 2,681 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 63 - US$ 63
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Anderston
Reviewed 24 May 2018

The restaurant is a short walk from either Central or Queen Street station. With Buchanan Street being pedestrianised, parking is reasonably close too - either at Buchanan Galleries or Mitchell Street car parks. I'd recommend Buchanan Galleries - more spaces available and they're a little bigger as well.

The entrance restaurant itself is a little unassuming and the interior decor is in keeping with the brand - an American restaurant chain with focus on casual dining - so you either like it or you don't.

Unfortunately, as with many other places, it could do with catering more to a wider range of dietary requirements - even the selection of vegetarian options isn't great, especially if you don't like roasted vegetables.I had the Crispy Noodle salad - wasn't quite what I expected, the noodles are deep-fried, so a 'very crunchy' noodle salad.

Great range of cocktails if that's your thing and what TGI's call 'Endless' (i.e. unlimited, bottomless) on the usual range of soft drinks.

Staff were polite and attentive without being overly intrusive - nothing more unwanted than a member of staff checking on you every 30 seconds.

It's great for a lunch visit but it's been a while since I've visited for dinner and the menu etc has changed since, so I can't comment but if you're looking for a 'vibrant' environment (it can get a little noisy) with a good variety of reasonably priced food, then you can't go far wrong.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

After our order was delivered wrong & despite us being very understanding the duty manager appeared apologising profusely & quickly offered us our starter free & also promised compensation on our bill! Everything after that was perfect the food was delicious, staff very attentive and the place had a great atmosphere! And as the manager promised a very good reduction on our bill for our inconvenience despite us not complaining about it once!! Always good to take control, accept responsibility and offer some kind of compensation when dealing with the public and things don't go according to plan! Brilliant TGIF's!! I will definitely be back! Xx

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday and I had cheese and bacon potato skins for a starter and a fillet steak and it came with onion rings and chips. I was very satisfied with my order.

1  Thank Olly0wl
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The wife and Ibpoppedc in for a few drink, 20 min queue for food but we had eaten, place was packed as usual, drinks reasonable priced and good atmosphere

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The food was just okay. Seemed quite expensive for what it was. Nice surroundings and very attentive staff. Would be nice to have condiments on tables rather than having to ask for them. Overall a nice meal but wouldn't rush back.