All reviews oran mor botanic gardens west end great western road four poster bed byres road freshly cooked breakfast chest of drawers served quickly city centre full scottish breakfast on site parking convenient location would definitely stay here again beans couple of nights decent size
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We requested gluten free bread for breakfast at the time of booking. On arrival on Friday night, I was told they had run out of it and wouldn't get another delivery until Monday morning, but the receptionist said they would try and get some for me.
On Saturday morning kitchen staff knew nothing about my request. There was nothing on the menu I could eat without bread, so I had no breakfast. I was so upset that I had to leave my family and go back to the room or I would have burst into tears. With a very long day ahead and no chance of getting anything to eat until dinner, this was definitely not something I wanted.
While the room was clean and the mattress very firm, which I like, the bathroom was dirty, with old soap left in the holder, dirty shower curtain and water stains all over.
Giving 2 stars as the location suits us perfectly.
We are staying here another night but I bet there will still be no breakfast for me tomorrow.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
clifton2012, Manager at Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Hello
Am sorry you did not enjoying your stay at the hotel.
Am sorry the bathroom was dirty if you had reported it to the reception we would have got it cleaned
straight away for you It is the hotel policy to make the guests as comfortable as possible
I do apologise once again
Regards Cathy

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Good points: nice helpful people on reception, such as Katherine, lovely Georgian building, cracking breakfast, good location next to Botanical Gardens and Byres Road.5 minute walk from Hillhead subway/underground, 20 minutes walk to Kelvingrove and Hunterian museums.

Less good points, roadworks outside hotel...to be fair that's nothing the hotel can change.I was on the first floor.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

On the plus side: they are nicely located & cheap (on first sight). That's it.
We stayed for 2 nights & all we wanted was a clean place to stay at night & to shower in the morning. As we were not paying much, we didn't expect anything special. However, this place was so bad, any hostel would've been better. It easily makes the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.
The cons include (bear in mind, they're supposed to have 3* standard):
Very unfriendly staff
Very untidy rooms (See pics). The whole room was dirty and hasn't been properly clean within years.
Heating didn't work properly
Only 1 open cupboard
Broken sanitary, incl. toilet
No hot water in shower
A 1cm gap between door & wall, we could look into the hallway
Very cheap breakfast (nothing fresh) which takes ages to be served
Cab they ordered for us didn't come
Holes & drawings on room walls
There was old, green water in the water boiler

0 star rating

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

It is very rare these days to be presented with a breakfast made to order but Cath and her team are a great example of how it should be done! Look forward to seeing you all again soon probably in November

Room tip: No lift and so make sure you request a ground floor room if you have mobility problems
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
clifton2012, Manager at Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Look forward to seeing you in November
Regards Cathy

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Very comfortable and welcoming hotel. An impressive building, clean tidy with good quality breakfasts. It is in a prime position for the West End with plenty of restaurants, bars, pubs, snack bars, shops and not too far a walk to the underground station. It has a car park for £5 a day you can park up and get anywhere in Glasgow for £4 via the underground all day. Drink driving is zero tolerance here so don't risk having a drop of alcohol in your body if you are behind the wheel. Taxis are also everywhere and reasonably priced.

Date of stay: September 2018