“Brilliant hotel with views of the Clyde & Glasgow Central”
Review of Jurys Inn

Jurys Inn
Ranked #553 of 2,653 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stayed here for one night over the Easter long weekend, lovely hotel, requested a room on a high floor with some good views and they did not disappoint. Was on the 9th floor overlooking the entrance to Glasgow Central with views of the Clyde and beyond to Laurieston/Gorbals. Probably the most central hotel available other than the Grand Central (which is generally more expensive) Its less than a five minute walk into Glasgow Central lower level, five minutes to St Enoch Subway station, five minutes to Buchanan Galleries. There's a Lidl, multiple pubs and a Sainsbury practically on your doorstep. Didn't try the restaurants on site but they looked really nice. Lifts are super fast any never a long wait. My only gripe was that the ventilation/air conditioning/heating system was a bit loud, but ear plugs sorted that out !

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for a night away to relax, have a few drinks and have a good night's sleep. Unfortunately I never got that. The room was £129 for the night, we paid £100 of that in voucher that we received as a gift. After reading other reviews I wonder if paying with points or vouchers means they give you a lower standard of room?! As soon as we walked in I was surprised at the size of the bed, it's very small for a hotel for that price, just a standard double (possibly smaller?!) the bedroom it's self is clean enough but the bathroom is not. Unfortunately the bed isn't comfy either, the mattress swallows you up and the pillows arent much better. Unfortunately we also got a room facing out onto the train station so I've barely slept due to the noise of the trains, obviously this is beyond the hotels control but I feel an upgrade in windows could improve the situation.
All in all I'm very disappointed with my stay and won't be rushing back. One good point though is the man on the front desk when we checked in was very polite and welcoming.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've stayed in the Jury's Inn in Glasgow, the rooms on both occasions have been clean and tidy, the service from the staff has been great, and the breakfast has been good.

My issues let mainly around my most recent visit. I was given a high floor room (9th floor) and thought to myself that this would be great as it would be nice and quiet. I was wrong. My room overlooked the train lines, and I could hear trains constantly throughout the day and evening until midnight, and then again from around 5:30am.

On top of this, the air con unit was making a strange buzzing noise even when turned off. As I was only staying for a few nights, I didn't bother to mention these issues, but would have said something had I been staying longer.

I feel the hotel rooms are about sure for a refurb, but also think that the amenities are fine.

All that said, I would definitely stay here again, but would specify my requirements before I arrive.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Ive stayed in lots of hotels in Glasgow and this one has to be the best value in my opinion.Staff are lovely ,hotel spotless ,great breakfast and amazing comfy bed.We had a lovely view of the river too.At breakfast staff made sure we were happy and even asked my small grandchildren if they had enjoyed theirs.Housekeeping staff were great too and so friendly.We had stayed last week with major chain of hotels in Glasgow and they need to go to Jurys to get staff training.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is relatively expensive. The rooms are more than basic - you “enjoy” every five minutes the sound of the tram. The location is close to the main station and the people being at those places. We did a tour though Scotland- everything was really great - but this hotel is a desaster. The worst of worst !!!!