We arrived from Heathrow Airport very tired after a long flight from Australia. When we got to the apartments to check in, unfortunately our room wasn’t ready due to previous guests checking out late. The staff were very apologetic and we took it in our stride and took ourselves to a nearby cafe to fill in time. When we returned, the staff had arranged to upgrade us for the inconvenience caused which we thought was a lovely gesture considering we had to fill in a couple of hours feeling very feral indeed.
We stayed in the penthouse suite which consisted of three bedrooms all with ensuite, separate full bathroom, loungeroom, kitchen laundry facilities.
One bedroom had a king sized bed in a large room and the other two had queen sized beds. Quality towels and linen were provided. The beds were very comfortable.
The location was perfect! We couldn’t have done better. The small grocery store was close by and of course the great shops in downtown Glasgow. What a great city it’s become! Cool little restaurants and bars dotted around the city and public transport easily accessed at the front door.
Loved the balcony at the apartment for getting a view of the street.
Fairly quiet at night except one night there was a party in the building behind us but that didn’t ruin our stay.
A couple of small issues were that one shower rose kept coming off, and the large sliding doors going to the balcony were difficult to close and wouldn’t close enough to lock. The washing machine was unbelievably complicated to operate and there was no manual to refer to as the symbols were not logical. No manual could be found on the internet and it appears from the forums that many people had the same problem. We took a guess and got a three hour cycle to work. The apartment is a little tired and could do with more regular maintenance checks.
The staff were very nice and friendly. We couldn’t have faltered their willingness to help. We didn’t complain to them about the maintenance issues encountered considering that we were compensated with the best apartment in the building and we could work around them anyway. My son fixed the toilet ( being a plumbers son) and so these small things were not that big a deal.
We would definitely stay there again should we be back there to visit our family. Loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glasgow…a city with energy and sophistication and The Spires is right in the centre of where it’s all happening. Unwind at the end of a busy day in a delightful environment that’s been specially designed to offer you flexible personal space, in an atmosphere of comfort and freedom. Yet so convenient to all Glasgow city centre attractions, restaurants and nightlife, shops and to main Glasgow railway stations. Enjoy much more than a hotel bedroom. Spacious, stylishly designed, our uniquely crafted serviced apartments in Glasgow provide a real ‘home from home’ living feel, seamlessly blending upscale tranquillity with affordable luxury. We call them ‘suite sensations’. The perfect alternative to Glasgow city centre hotels for business and leisure travellers, whether for short or longer trips, just great for families too. Not ‘budget accommodation’ in Glasgow, but quality 4 star value for the discerning traveller at prices comparable with many budget hotels and which will beat most 3,4 and certainly 5 star hotels. Quality, space and comfort you’ll love, at prices you’ll love too. Stay for a night, or several …there’s no minimum stay. With daily maid service and continental breakfast available on request you may want to stay forever. Whether travelling on business or leisure, The Spires in Glasgow is the ideal choice – which of our suite styles is perfect for you? Call us and we’ll help you decide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Spires Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spires Serviced Hotel Glasgow
- The Spires Serviced Apartments Glasgow, Scotland