2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$140
Hotels.com$140
Priceline$139
Travelocity$140
eDreams$139
getaroom.com$146
1,346 results
All reviews la bonne auberge city centre penthouse suite bus station royal concert hall reception staff car park standard room lovely room comfy bed noise inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

Room 451 is directly opposite the lift. The lift “whirs” all night and the room vibrates. Obviously people move in and out of the lift , some talking , some laughing, it’s not what you call peaceful! Hardly any sleep.
Woken to the whirring vibrating lift at 6.30am having finally dropped off to sleep and the smell of breakfast (bacon) cooking - very odd when I’m on the 4th floor .
I did ask to move room , but was told the hotel was full so not possible!

Room tip: Avoid room451 which is opposite the lift. You can also smell breakfast being cooked.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Hello JamesF741,

We value your opinion and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared your sentiment with our local team and manager, and I apologize for the shortcomings. Our staff will work to ensure a much better experience in your future travels. We do our best to bring a smile to your face during the whole stay, and that is one of our best abilities with our guests.

It's been a pleasure to host you, and we look forward to serving you again. I'm sure you'll love the changes and improvements.

Alejandro G.
Case Manager.
IHGService.

Reviewed 25 April 2022

Really good stay here for 3 nights. Easy to find and close to a Hop on Hop off bus stop. Also walking distance to George Square and the station. Check in was easy even though we were early. Room was comfortable and breakfast was tasty, hot and varied. No complaints at all. Thank you.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 21 April 2022 via mobile

I’m a platinum elite IHG member with 19 years on my card. This was the worst all round full service holiday inn in that 19 years.
On arrival we went to our room and straight away the sofa bed was not full size. Really only suitable for one. Our toilet had already been used and was not clean. Went down to reception and was upgraded to an “ executive suite”. This was a double room in the loft with the same size sofa bed. The sofa bed was like it had been used in the BBC series “ Tenko” the mattress ( haha) so thin. Really not a suite and had no lift to that floor so you take lift to 4 then stairs to your executive suite haha. The bathroom door had no lock so that’s great we’ll sing in the toilet then. Didn’t notice until we went to bed that the midget sofa bed had single pillows. Drinks in the bar last night the bar staff called time at 10:15. Please understand this is an apparent “ full service” hotel so surely if residents are in the bar the bar has to stay open. What about room service drinks??.
Breakfast. Went in no one at station so sat at ONLY clean table. Then the breakfast commandant literally frogmarched us back to the desk to “ check your room number” and then says “ let me see if I’ve got a table for you” and takes us back to the one we were sat at. As it was the only clean one there why not just ask us our room number at the table.
Never ever felt so unwelcome in a holiday inn. It was like guests were a nuisance.

Room tip: Things to avoid. The hotel
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank richie196
Reviewed 4 April 2022 via mobile

Booked the hotel on booking.com after I've filtered all the hotels with own parking...I did arrive after a long car trip and the GPS brought me in the front of the hotel where you cannot stop the car. I did stop the car 2 streets further away and returned by foot to reception. Staff not very friendly but guided me to a public car park across the road. They mentioned that they will validate the ticket at check out, which they didn't.
Unhappy to carry luggage from the car park to the hotel and back. Next morning, I handed over my ticket to the reception staff. They said they validated it but they didn't. The barried did not open, I pressed the help button and tried to explain I was a guest of the hotel overnight and the parking was paid. The parking staff seemed to know nothing about it and they made me to pay the overnight stay. Shame to the hotel staff because I think they do this on purpose. End.

Room tip: Avoid the hotel if you arrive by car. The hotel it's advertised with own parking but it's not true.
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Marc Jones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2022

Dear 252andreii,

I am disappointed to read of your experience regarding the interactions with the team, however at the Holiday Inn we have a bay at the front of the hotel to drop off and pick up.

All websites have the information regarding parking availability, we do not have any hotel parking.

We have an affiliation with the concert square multi-story carpark whereby on validation of your ticket this currently reduces the 24 hour charge from £29 to £8.

The monies payable are directly with the carpark provider, we do not have any control of the cost of parking.

Marc Jones,
General Manager.

Reviewed 20 December 2021 via mobile

Clean room, good location, nice friendly staff. Obviously being so close to the city centre parking is tricky but the carpark in front is validated by the hotel if you're a guest so that works well.
Great breakfast selection too we looked forward to that in the morning. Overall would stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antonio2456
Marc Jones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2021

Dear Antonio2456,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review, I am pleased you had a great stay with us. Hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,