“Try if you don’t have more options ”
Review of The Finnieston

The Finnieston
Ranked #452 of 2,621 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend love seafood and every time we heard something good about a seafood restaurant we try our best to make it, this was not the case the food was ok we only had the Kilo of mussels since most of the menus was not available it was a Thursday night at nine to be exact but the attitude of the server was not one of the best and her attention to detail was missing most of the stuff to time from our drinks to our food and to take the order everything the only thing to be fast it was when we asked for the check. Not impressed form being some that we don’t usually complain about service this has been one of the worst.

1  Thank Wilber H

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had been at the Golf show in the SECC and wandered up Argyle St. in search of something to eat. It was early Friday night, 5pmish so it wasn't too much of a problem to get into the Finnieston. We had to wait for 30 mins for a table which wasn't a great hardship as we had a couple of drinks at the bar while we waited, we had to be out for 8pm. The bar has a great wee vibe and is very cozy. They didn't have any lobster left which I thought was a bit strange however I had the mussels with white wine and cream. Well this was the tasteless sauce I have ever had. I think they must have ran out of cream too as you could actually see through this sauce. I did say to the waitress that the sauce tasted the way it looked, wappit, and she was apologetic. On the plus side there were plenty of mussels and everyone was open, magic. My wife had the scallops, 3 of them for £9, wow ! The Smokey aubergine puree was just so, so on taste, this dish wasn't real value for money. I had the Halibut with puy lentils and cockles. The halibut was nice but there was only about 3 or 4 cockles on what seemed like a ton of tasteless lentils and at £23, a bit steep on price. My wife had the Baked Cod, which at £16 was not too bad on taste, but just not enough of it. The sweets were fine. The service was good and the barman was very attentive given the fact he was under pressure being behind the bar himself making cocktails and serving pints etc too. He should have had some help on a Friday night at tea time.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We arrived late afternoon during a very busy time. the staff were lovely and we got a great table by the fire, which was great as it was freezing outside. I had the cullen skink and a foragers risotto, both of which were delicious. 2 started, 2 mains and a carafe of wine was £52. Bar was cosy, staff were nice and the food was tasty and good value

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch which we enjoyed as fresh and tasty
Be careful where you choose to sit as some seating uncomfortable but we asked to be moved to a booth which was perfect.
Staff were quite efficient but certainly not welcoming .... so much so it would stop me from revisiting .

1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

In the words of Still Game the food was “West end garbage”.

I’m assuming that they were aiming for sophisticated and complex - they achieved pretentious & confused at massively inflated prices. We paid £50 each for a two course meal that was dire. The waiting staff did not ask us our views on the food, I would have been honest.

As a starter I had “Hand dived scallops on smoked aubergine purée with crispy seaweed” For £9 I got 2 average scallops on an aubergine purée that was bitter and burnt rather than smooth and smokey. Mains were very average small pieces of fish. The chunky chips were unpleasantly greasy - not like me to stop eating at 2 chips. The wine was pleasant enough, it should have been given its £20 mark up.

The bar had a good atmosphere, wines by the glass and a wide selection of gins and cocktails.

There are plenty of restaurants in this area doing interesting, good quality food. If you want more than a drink walk on by the Finnieston.

1  Thank JudeGlasgow