“This place is a find...didnt know it existed!!”
Review of The Roxy 171 - CLOSED

The Roxy 171
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I went here on valentines night with my partner, I hadnt heard of the Roxy before and when we went in the was so welcoming and inviting. There were candle lit everywhere, an area for live music and polite and engaging friendly staff. We ordered gourmet burgers (not my most favourite thing in the world) and they were beautiful. We also had starters and didnt quite expect the portion size to be so generous and so tasty. The is a chilled out relaxed venue with fantastic staff, food and service and I will most defo be spreading the word for The Roxy...very impressed.

2  Thank Caroline B

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We have been fans of "The liquid Ship" for some time now and when we saw that it had been sold and renamed our hearts sank!! What would we do without our regular doses of tortilla pizzas and excellent curries? Having looked online, and seeing that some of our old favourite dishes had made it onto the new menu, we decided to give it a go.

First impressions when we walked in were positive...much more efficient use is being made of the space with more tables available for dining. (the downside is that afternoon coffees wont be quite as comfortable without the low soft sofas but on balance the changes are a good thing)

My wife ordered the curry while I decided to try the new "signature" pork chilli....We were very pleased to see that the curry was virtually unchanged and the chilli was an excellent new addition to the menu. We chatted to the (as friendly as ever) staff and realised that the current owners have been running the place for nearly a year so have had a good opportunity to see what was popular. As our waitress said "why change what works"

So our favourite bar has got better......we hope to continue being regular visitors.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

We recently went to the Roxy for a family birthday meal - nothing special, just an informal bite to eat. The menu had quite a bit of choice on it, and we shared a range of starters to begin (nachos, hummus/flatbread, etc). For mains I think we all had burgers which were excellent, not as good as Ketchup on Ashton Lane but not a million miles away. Very nice.

The place itself is on Great Western Road near St Georges Cross - formerly the Liquid Ship. It has live music in a very small downstairs venue each night, and the place is still a decent bar that does food, as opposed to a restaurant. Worth a visit one night if you live/work nearby.