All reviews budget hotel city centre rutherglen ruddy hampden renovation
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The office had kindly booked me a one night stopover at this appalling excuse for a hotel. As soon as you pull onto the car park you are met with an overwhelming sense of injustice, anxiety and down right disappointment. The outside of the building is tired and uninviting like a 1970’s school but I did not let that put me off! As I stepped through the doors passing a few of the locals on my way in I then realised that you can judge a book by its cover as the musty odor is first to greet you then secondly the (friendly) women behind the hatch. The room itself was dreadful. very dated, dusty, poorly furnished, the mattress itself you can feel every spring, there’s exposed cables in the room, the telephone is plonked on the floor for when you need to ring the outside to make sure you haven’t died
and gone to hell, the list goes on...

All in all It’s fair to say I won’t be stopping here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed with the accommodation in this hotel. One minute you were scalded by the shower the next frozen. Shower head kept turning in towards wall so had to hand hold it. Furniture very dated, no telephone in room, so was very disappointed. We were quoted £135 for one night but bride managed to get us room for two nights £202. Money taken out of our account night before we were due to arrive. (Thought card was only taken as security for booking.) This is definitely not a 4 star hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My new husband and I booked out rooms for a place for family and friends to stay after our wedding. Initial viewing was ok. As the wedding ceremony was before check in time we asked if us and guests could leave bags at reception. Was told no problem. Also personally visited the hotel on two separate occasions after this to speak to someone in person to make sure again that this was ok and also to ask for breakfast if they could arrange a long table across the window for the wedding party to have breakfast together. On each occasion I was told it was fine. On the afternoon of my wedding my brother tried to leave my husband and I's bag along with our parents bags as agreed and was greeted by an unhelpful person who was refusing to take the bags as she had no space to put them. My brother said she was quite argumentative. When we checked into our room the area of the building we were in had a smell that resembled a drain. The cleaners the next morning where spraying air freshener as if there was no tomorrow. We could not have a shower the next morning as there was scalding hot water coming from both the hot and cold tap. My brothers room had no water at all and they missed breakfast due to this...he did not want to complain straight away out of risk of embarrassing me in front of my friends as they booked under recommendation from me as we were staying there that night. Our other friends room was double booked and they were told they had to leave (they were staying two nights, 1 before the wedding and the night of the wedding). On the day of the wedding they were asked to leave due to the double booking and no other rooms. My friend almost had to argue that they were in the room, already spent one night in the room and that they were staying. I'm glad the she was able to stand up for herself and be counted...many people might have given in with they way they were told to leave. For breakfast the tables had not been put together as confirmed on two separate occasions that they would be. So the morning after my wedding I had to go around all my wedding guests to apologize for it not being the way I told them it would be. Overall this place is just below "ok" if you just need somewhere to lay your head for a few hours but I would never...ever...EVER book here just to get away for a day or two or for a holiday etc. I did complain at reception and went through everything with the lady. She said "all I can do is apologise". I aked how to complain further. She did take my details for the manager to call me back. I waited over 24 hours after this before deciding to write this review hoping the manager would call to at least apologise and offer to put things right so that it doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.I am still waiting on the call! Overall bad service as if they don't care...don't book unless you really have nowhere else to go.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James T
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel.. I booked an executive single and ended up in a room with a double bed, a single bed and a mattress on the floor. But bizarre but it was ok.
Breakfast was stale continental, not much choice and looked a week old. They also use bed sheets as table cloths for the buffet ! Bit strange.
It was clean and tidy I would stay again when I work in Glasgow.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Emmac25
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

It's a decent n clean hotel. Rooms are super small.. Even the suite room could not accommodate 2 adults with 2 mid-size bags. Bathroom is clean with basic amenities. Breakfast is OK... Only if uve paid for full breakfast will u get eggs. Otherwise it's only tea coffee, cornflakes, breads n some cheese

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends