Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Traveluro
Hotels.com
2,386 results
All reviews central station city centre iron and ironing board buffet breakfast tea coffee hairdryer hydro
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2022 via mobile

The hotel was inexpensive so I've considered that in the rating and review. It's an old building and it's lacking in care, large areas need redecorating e.g. a picture in the bar area has smashed glass and it's just been left there. The smell of smoking cigarettes and other substances was throughout the corridors and there was a lot of noise and shouting from numerous rooms when we walked passed. The breakfast was awful - overcooked, lukewarm and the sausage was hideously cheap. We chose to go elsewhere for breakfast on day 2 rather than experience that again. The bedroom was too hot, the walls had coffee/tea stains on it, windows dirty and when they steamed up had the word 'help' written on it. The bed was fairly comfy, room was big enough and the bathroom was clean enough. The hotel seems to have a lot of long stay guests so I'm not sure short stay guests are their main focus. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2022

This place has improved slightly since my last visit. A regularity through my journeys, the Alexander was once a more luxurious hotel I remember from my first visit. I have witnessed the decline over the years so much so that it has become homeless accommodation for Glasgow council. I wouldn’t remove it from your list just yet though, there have been additional improvements since my last visit such as enhanced security, the staff are more vigilant and professional and the rooms seem to be in better order in regards to cleanliness. The breakfast had additional items added to include vegetarian guests and was quite good. The staff are friendly and attentive as ever. The room decor requires updating but this time I left feeling satisfied with my visit.

Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank northernl13
Reviewed 4 March 2022 via mobile

We were there last night what a wonderful room we were given the room was fantastic very big room 422 it was a bit noisy as there where building work going on but after 8 pm it stopped and we had a wonderful sleep my husband said to me when you need a cuddle text me as the bed was that big the breakfast was okay look warm but could have been hotter if they had lids on top and because off Covid your quite wary on what you eat as it was not covered and some off the things were cold but on the bright side including the porter he was on the ball for any or not so nice people so I felt safe at all times and the room was very clean and the reception staff were brilliant a big thank you to all the staff and their hard work and making us feel comfortable though out our stay I will definitely be back

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank P9525IZsandram
Reviewed 3 March 2022

Stayed here midweek with my brother as we were going to a gig and found it sub-par but for £35 a night it was fine as we were hardly in the room. We're both vegan and enjoyed the breakfast as there were loads of options, even vegan butter, and again as it was included in the price you really can't complain. Rooms clean and location good.

The main issue we had was with the beds which were very uncomfortable but we were knackered so still managed to get a good nights sleep despite that and the building site across the road. Would probably go again if needed somewhere to crash while out late.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 22 February 2022

Old hotel however, Very nice new rooms, with great shower. Cannot change heating in the room. Good breakfast with lots of choice, however the bacon was not great. Good area for all shopping city centre. Staff were helpful

Date of stay: February 2022