“Nice Italian restaurant in Glasgow”
Review of Pesto Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Pesto Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Joint winner of People's Choice Award, Scottish Italian Awards 2013. Finalist for Most Romantic Restaurant and Best Wine List.
Reviewed 1 August 2012

As we were looking for a place to eat in Glasgow, we chose at random. It was a nice surprise, as Pesto is not an usual italian restaurant : they serve small portions, very good quality. We were with our boys of 17 and 15 and asked ourselves if they would have enough. No problem! The dishes, although not big, were quite filling ! A very good value in fact, as we could taste different italian specialities.
Definitely an address to keep !

There are newer reviews for Pesto Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I was really excited to try Pesto as I looove pesto infused dishes! It looks great from outside and the tables look really inviting through the large windows.

There were about 6 of us when we went for lunch and we were all first timers and looking forward to trying out their lunch menu. 3 dishes each for £7-8. Unfortunately the first thing I noticed was that none of the dishes on the lunch menu contained pesto. Boo!!

The dishes were ok, but I was left with a horrid garlicy after taste which wasn't pleasant and some of the dishes were a bit of a let down and not as flavoursome as they sounded on the menu. The pizza was good, but that was the simple one!

I really liked the restaurant though. The wine prices were reasonable and the staff really friendly. Just a shame the food let them down as I won't be rushing back.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Recently had a visit to Pesto in Glasgow, was really impressed with the food and the itiallian tapas idea is fantastic for someone like me who likes to sample lots of different dishes and as Italian is my favourite - this was ideal. Unfortunately was most disappointed when we paid with a gift voucher and there was still money on the card but they refused to give us this as it was to be used in one sitting - really annoying - the least they could do was give you the remainder back on another voucher and that way they would be making more money as you would then go back and no doubt spend more.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

After visiting with friends, I took my parents here for a meal on a Sunday night. The place was not very busy and this was a day after a big Scottish newspaper wrote an excellent review of the place so I'm guessing this may not be the story now. My parents love Italian and have been to many Italian restaurants in the city so thought they would enjoy this place. They loved the idea that they could order minature dishes although portion size is definitely not minature. Every dish that we ordered was excellent from pizza, pasta, meat and fish. 3 dishes each was too much but we literally could not eat anymore. Compared to Spuntini's in the west end, this place is better in food and value. Can't wait to find an excuse to return!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Liked the look of this so went in on spec - busy for a Thu but got a table very quickly - very nice staff who were friendly and welcoming. Knowledgable about the menu etc. Chose 2 starters and 5 mains for 2 adults and a child - just about right - lovely fresh food cooked to order with good portions. We'll be back!