“Friendliest Italian I've ever been to”
Review of Amalfi

Amalfi
Ranked #121 of 2,680 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amalfi is inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Italian Amalfi coast's distinct cuisine. Our family run trattoria in the centre of Glasgow is an ideal place to stop byto catch a sumptuous meal. Our chef’s lovingly produced Italian cuisine blends our passion for Italian food. With loyal and satisfied customers since 1943 Amalfi has stood the test of time and delighted customers. We are open all through the day for lunch and dinner or just pop in anytime for our special Italian coffee or drinks. We truly make diners feel comfortable and welcome.​ ​Our food is delicious, and the owner is greeting old friends and making new ones. Whatever the occasion Amalfi's staff team is dedicated to making each visit a truly memorable one. We are open 11:30 am to late night Monday through Sunday. We accept Cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Reviewed 24 March 2015

Delicious food, a more than warm welcome and excellent value for money. We were shown the specials menu, which on its own is great value for money and then given a complimentary glass of wine each which was genorously topped up throughout the meal. I couldn't recommend this place more and cannot wait to return to try the homemade tiramisu! You also get a small shot of liqure with the bill

Reviewed 23 March 2015

I've never noticed this restaurant before but passed it on the way to meet my mum at Buchanan Bus Station and decided to give it try as it was very handy for her getting the bus back home again. We ate from the lunch menu which offered a good variety of choices for starter and main course. We both had the fish and chips. The batter on the fish was light and crispy and the portions were very generous. The service was good and we didn't have to wait too long for our meals to arrive. We love Italian food so no doubt we'll be back.

1  Thank jeangenie6
Reviewed 20 March 2015

We visited this restaurant for the 1st time and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
I have walked past it several times but thought I would give it a go.

The quality of the food was outstanding and the service was great. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The portions are excellent and it's not overpriced like most of the surrounding restaurants.

I will definitely be returning and will recommend it to others.

1  Thank ChrisYoung1985
Reviewed 20 March 2015

First visit to Amalfi - Will definitely be back. Food superb and staff were very good also. Would advise anyone to try it.

1  Thank Barry M
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Meal for me (just out of hospital, feeling drained) & my brilliant Geordie fella. They didn't have asparagus for my salmon pasta but obliged with mushrooms & NO ONIONS - ooohhh yess! Geordie lad even got a poke of chips with tomato sauce, as requested.
Atmosphere & room cosy, food wonderful, toilets clean.... & they let us linger & canoodle.

Will return on our wedding anniversary (or might even get married there, as we plan to do it in jeans & teeshirts, with a bottle of wine).