“Grazie mille”

Ranked #111 of 2,632 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amalfi is inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Italian Amalfi coast's distinct cuisine. Our family run trattoria in the centre of Glasgow is an ideal place to stop byto catch a sumptuous meal. Our chef’s lovingly produced Italian cuisine blends our passion for Italian food. With loyal and satisfied customers since 1943 Amalfi has stood the test of time and delighted customers. We are open all through the day for lunch and dinner or just pop in anytime for our special Italian coffee or drinks. We truly make diners feel comfortable and welcome.​ ​Our food is delicious, and the owner is greeting old friends and making new ones. Whatever the occasion Amalfi's staff team is dedicated to making each visit a truly memorable one. We are open 11:30 am to late night Monday through Sunday. We accept Cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Reviewed 1 March 2015

perfectly placed for pre concert dinner just near the Royal Concert Hall. A really warm welcome and superb authentic Italian cuisine. We ate from the fixed price menu 3 courses for £14.95. A bargain. Delicious and fresh. Lovely to be able to see into the kitchen and see the chefs working so hard to turn out dish after dish. If it hadn't been so wet and windy we might have thought we were in Italy.

Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

Fabulous food second time in 3 days...says it all Spaghetti Amalfi superb!! Staff friendly, and Ozzan what can I say!!

Reviewed 27 February 2015

It's not large and it certainly is not pretentious, but from the pleasant staff, to the varied menu and the excellent food, this is the place to be.

We slipped in for a quick lunch and were well pleased with our choice. Both the lunch menu and the à la carte were very well priced. I went for the set lunch with lots of choices at £9,95 for 2 courses and only £11.95 for 3. I chose the mussels, available in either a tomato or a cream sauce, they were fresh and excellent, with a wedge of garlic bread. I then had a huge pizza with a choice of toppings, it was good, and so large I could neither finish it, nor manage a dessert. My daughter went for a starter portion of pasta, which was more than enough for a main, and crisp freshly cooked chips.

We must go back to check out more of the menu.

2  Thank CityVisitor186534
Reviewed 25 February 2015

My partner and I decided to stop by for lunch, choosing to favour a smaller quainter resteraunt over the large chain up the road. It was the right choice. Such was the overall quality of everything I am still sat here whilst I write this. The staff are polite, attentive and friendly, the menu is great value three courses for 11.95. The portions were good enough we had to skip dessert. I had house soup and pizza which were both fresh, my partner had the mussles and risotto. Highly reccomend.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

Decided to have lunch in the Amalfi before heading back up north having been at a gig the night before. As we'd had a bit of a long lie this was more of a brunch really. We looked at the set menu but decided to go for the Amalfi pasta special on the main menu. What a fantastic choice! It arrived in tinfoil (which didn't seem to please a previous reviewer) and was piping hot. I have to say that it was one of the nicest pasta dishes we'd had! Service was good - thanks Nicola - and the meal was good value for money. We'll be back!

1  Thank cuteweenumber