“A little gem!”

Ranked #121 of 2,680 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amalfi is inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Italian Amalfi coast's distinct cuisine. Our family run trattoria in the centre of Glasgow is an ideal place to stop byto catch a sumptuous meal. Our chef’s lovingly produced Italian cuisine blends our passion for Italian food. With loyal and satisfied customers since 1943 Amalfi has stood the test of time and delighted customers. We are open all through the day for lunch and dinner or just pop in anytime for our special Italian coffee or drinks. We truly make diners feel comfortable and welcome.​ ​Our food is delicious, and the owner is greeting old friends and making new ones. Whatever the occasion Amalfi's staff team is dedicated to making each visit a truly memorable one. We are open 11:30 am to late night Monday through Sunday. We accept Cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Decided to have lunch in the Amalfi before heading back up north having been at a gig the night before. As we'd had a bit of a long lie this was more of a brunch really. We looked at the set menu but decided to go for the Amalfi pasta special on the main menu. What a fantastic choice! It arrived in tinfoil (which didn't seem to please a previous reviewer) and was piping hot. I have to say that it was one of the nicest pasta dishes we'd had! Service was good - thanks Nicola - and the meal was good value for money. We'll be back!

1  Thank cuteweenumber

Reviewed 15 February 2015

My pal and I decided to go for lunch prior to watching the two rugby Internationals on the box. WE looked at a few restaurants close to Buchanan bus station before picking on Amalfi at the top of West Nile St.. We were shown to a table immediately, given menus and offered a drink within three minutes of being seated. We plumped for the two course Table de Hote menu and neither of us were disappointed. John had bruschetta and I went for 12 mussels in white wine garlic and cream, served with garlic toast. For mains we both had the chicken and mushroom risotto and a side of two large slices of home made garlic bread. The cost for the two meals and drinks was less than £25 and it was worth every penny. We both love Italian food and we were agreed that the risotto was amongst the best we've ever eaten. I will absolutely return to Amalfi. Excellent food, excellent service and prices that don't give you a fright.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 11 February 2015 via mobile

After a wee view of the restaurants in the área we walked into this nice piece of italy that we can find in Glasgow. The food was really good,as you just can find in the Roma's pizzerias or Napoles'trattorias. The beer, a nice paint of peroni really Cold. But the service was the icing on the cake. The waitress called Nicola offered us a really profesional service. She looked after us nicely and we had a lovely chat after the meal. Definetly coming back. Really loved it.

2  Thank Mateo A
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Excellent food, freshly cooked, well presented, super service, lovely staff and pleasant surroundings. Highly recommended to anyone.

1  Thank mantha9
Reviewed 2 February 2015

I am often disappointed by Italian restaurants in the UK because they churn out bland food that bears no relation to Italian food proper.
I spotted the Amalfi and thought it looked like a family run old-established restaurant and that is exactly what it is. The staff care about the service and the quality of the food. So refreshing! A group of four friends went for a meal before a Celtic Connections concert recently and we had a really good experience. My minestrone soup was perfectly balanced and I could tell it was made with real stock, not a cube and frozen diced vegetables. The other starters were good too and all the main courses were generously portioned and very tasty. My friends had the homemade Tiramisu and 'oohed' and 'aahed' until every last bit was gone.
Next time I am in Glasgow I shall be back.

2  Thank swissericsister