“Family Italian restaurant”

Ranked #95 of 2,602 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 33
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amalfi is inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Italian Amalfi coast's distinct cuisine. Our family run trattoria in the centre of Glasgow is an ideal place to stop byto catch a sumptuous meal. Our chef’s lovingly produced Italian cuisine blends our passion for Italian food. With loyal and satisfied customers since 1943 Amalfi has stood the test of time and delighted customers. We are open all through the day for lunch and dinner or just pop in anytime for our special Italian coffee or drinks. We truly make diners feel comfortable and welcome.​ ​Our food is delicious, and the owner is greeting old friends and making new ones. Whatever the occasion Amalfi's staff team is dedicated to making each visit a truly memorable one. We are open 11:30 am to late night Monday through Sunday. We accept Cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Reviewed 2 February 2015

I am often disappointed by Italian restaurants in the UK because they churn out bland food that bears no relation to Italian food proper.
I spotted the Amalfi and thought it looked like a family run old-established restaurant and that is exactly what it is. The staff care about the service and the quality of the food. So refreshing! A group of four friends went for a meal before a Celtic Connections concert recently and we had a really good experience. My minestrone soup was perfectly balanced and I could tell it was made with real stock, not a cube and frozen diced vegetables. The other starters were good too and all the main courses were generously portioned and very tasty. My friends had the homemade Tiramisu and 'oohed' and 'aahed' until every last bit was gone.
Next time I am in Glasgow I shall be back.

2  Thank swissericsister

Reviewed 28 January 2015

Wonderful restaurant with first class staff - very attentive. Food delicious well worth a visit. We will definately be back and would recommend.

1  Thank Happykath912
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Lovely food and service great value for the flavour and hospitality. Would definitely go there again and recommend to any locals or visitors to glasgow

1  Thank Caitlin C
Reviewed 19 January 2015

Visited for a long Saturday lunch on a recommendation from a friend. I expected plain surroundings and delicious food. The food was amazing and the restaurant itself, although plain as described, had an authentic Italian ambiance. I asked if the Amalfi speciality spaghetti dish could be served as a vegetarian option, the waiter did not even have to check if this was alright, which made me think the restaurant must try to cater for everyone if if they can. I loved it and can't wait to go back in a few weeks for round two.

1  Thank LynnyM
Reviewed 17 January 2015

Stopped in for lunch when passing through Glasgow. I had pizza with rocket, so good, and a salad. My husband had pepperoni pizza, which he liked. my daughter had soup and salad. We enjoyed our meal, server was friendly and prompt. Restaurant was decorated with photos of famous guests, and pictures of Italy. It was a nice meal.

1  Thank GGtravel99