“Tip top recommend”

Ranked #111 of 2,632 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amalfi is inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Italian Amalfi coast's distinct cuisine. Our family run trattoria in the centre of Glasgow is an ideal place to stop byto catch a sumptuous meal. Our chef’s lovingly produced Italian cuisine blends our passion for Italian food. With loyal and satisfied customers since 1943 Amalfi has stood the test of time and delighted customers. We are open all through the day for lunch and dinner or just pop in anytime for our special Italian coffee or drinks. We truly make diners feel comfortable and welcome.​ ​Our food is delicious, and the owner is greeting old friends and making new ones. Whatever the occasion Amalfi's staff team is dedicated to making each visit a truly memorable one. We are open 11:30 am to late night Monday through Sunday. We accept Cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Reviewed 19 January 2015

Visited for a long Saturday lunch on a recommendation from a friend. I expected plain surroundings and delicious food. The food was amazing and the restaurant itself, although plain as described, had an authentic Italian ambiance. I asked if the Amalfi speciality spaghetti dish could be served as a vegetarian option, the waiter did not even have to check if this was alright, which made me think the restaurant must try to cater for everyone if if they can. I loved it and can't wait to go back in a few weeks for round two.

1  Thank LynnyM

Reviewed 17 January 2015

Stopped in for lunch when passing through Glasgow. I had pizza with rocket, so good, and a salad. My husband had pepperoni pizza, which he liked. my daughter had soup and salad. We enjoyed our meal, server was friendly and prompt. Restaurant was decorated with photos of famous guests, and pictures of Italy. It was a nice meal.

1  Thank GGtravel99
Reviewed 14 January 2015 via mobile

Back again and as good as ever , lamb chop starter and the lemon haddock 10/10 , served with style by Ann , very efficient and friendly , we will be back ,

1  Thank ivanivan
Reviewed 3 January 2015

Visited for the first time in years, was the Lido Cafe last time I was there, which did the best Knickerbocker Glories in Glasgow,food in Amalfi was really excellent. Special mention for the mozzarella fritti, and the amazing baked spaghetti (which just might be the best pasta I have ever tasted), tin foil packets of delight. To finish off the lemoncello icecream, amazing. Staff were lovely, very friendly. Will be back, it's a wee gem, recommend it.

2  Thank AMGLW
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Just as well we weren't in a hurry on my first and most definitely my last visit to Amalfi. The restaurant looked busy so i thought that was a good sign but it was only a sign that the service was incredibly slow. We initially asked for the Table d'hote menu which was displayed at the door but was told that it wasn't available so decided just to have a main course. My husband and I each chose a pasta dish and waited over an hour for it! We are normally leisurely diners but I was able to see into the cooking area from where I was sitting and noticed that the pasta was precooked and then heated with a sauce. Why then did it take so long When it finally arrived it was OK but certainly nothing outstanding. Tables were slow to be cleared too and in fact by the time we settled up we had been in the place over two hours! I also noticed that the house speciality of spaghetti baked with fish was served in TIN FOIL. At £13 for pasta they could have stretched to a plate! Will not venture here again.

1  Thank DenholmFalkirk