“Lovely little restaurant”

Ranked #111 of 2,632 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amalfi is inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Italian Amalfi coast's distinct cuisine. Our family run trattoria in the centre of Glasgow is an ideal place to stop byto catch a sumptuous meal. Our chef’s lovingly produced Italian cuisine blends our passion for Italian food. With loyal and satisfied customers since 1943 Amalfi has stood the test of time and delighted customers. We are open all through the day for lunch and dinner or just pop in anytime for our special Italian coffee or drinks. We truly make diners feel comfortable and welcome.​ ​Our food is delicious, and the owner is greeting old friends and making new ones. Whatever the occasion Amalfi's staff team is dedicated to making each visit a truly memorable one. We are open 11:30 am to late night Monday through Sunday. We accept Cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Reviewed 24 September 2014

We were staying in Glasgow on a Monday evening wandering around looking for somewhere to eat when we stumbled across Amalfi. As you would expect on a Monday, it wasn't busy so we easily got a table. The menu is varied and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our pizzas.
The staff were very attentive and couldn't do enough for you.

A good alternative to other Italian restaurant chains - keep little, family run restaurants going.

1  Thank EveLancashire

Reviewed 23 September 2014 via mobile

Were staying in Premier Inn and found this lovely wee restaurant just across the road .
Had the pizza which was lovely and the service was very good. Only thing wrong was a poor beer selection for my husband and a pint at £5.20 was expensive.
Would try again on next visit .

1  Thank rhonda r
Reviewed 12 September 2014 via mobile

Popped in at random for breakfast, amazing staff who uphold the Italian tradition of looking out for children as well as adults, great breakfasts all-round. Thoroughly recommend it!

1  Thank AileronsNeutral
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Came across Amalfi when looking for a place for dinner when on a trip to Glasgow. There were 3 of us and we chose meals from the 'special' menu - 2 courses £12.95 with a free small glass of wine. I enjoyed a very tasty home made pate followed by chicken & tomato risotto - which left me too full for dessert! My husband and son both enjoyed their rump steaks with chips.
The staff were very friendly and the service efficient but not rushed.
Will certainly eat here again next time I am in Glasgow.

1  Thank Sylvia H
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Was here on Sunday the 24th of August. The restaurant wasn't busy as we went in but steadily got busier as the night progressed. Nicely decorated and well lit giving a nice comfortable relaxed atmosphere. Serving staff and owner were always on hand giving the perfect level of attention, gave you plenty of space to relax and enjoy your meal but always on hand for anything you needed. Service was at the perfect pace, never had to wait too long between courses and always had drinks in our hands. Had the mussels in garlic, white wine and chilli which were absolutely divine, perfectly cooked and served with garlic bread to soak up all those juices, around 12-15 mussels in the serving just the right amount, my partner had the lamb chop and salad, good size, well cooked again and went down well. Our mains were a sirloin steak cooked rare with blue cheese sauce, chips and side salad. Sea-bass served with gnocchi in a garlic and cherry tomato sauce. I also ordered a side portion of macaroni cheese. Everything was cooked to perfection, the steak was tender an melted in the mouth, the blue cheese was to die for, sea-bass and gnocchi were also a hit but were a very big serving which my partner struggled to finish which was a shame as it was lovely. Couldn't resist the dessert cabinet which the owner proudly displayed to us, my partner instantly chose the homemade tiramisu and ice cream and I went for the warm fudge cake and ice cream. The tiramisu blew my partners socks off and after a brief "Harry met Sally" moment and not being a fan of tiramisu I didn't have what she was having but what I did do was destroy the fudge cake, soft, warm, not too sweet and sickening, ice cream was perfect and was the immaculate ending to an excellent meal. Was worth every penny and we will be back. Could not be happier.

1  Thank Patrick D