1,636 results
All reviews botanic gardens west end byres road bovine restaurant gin bar waitrose car park terrace bar great western road oran mor hilton glasgow city centre subway station road noise haggis kelvingrove museum bars and restaurants breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 16 November 2018 via mobile

Hilton continuous setting high standard for a chain hotel, my stay was easy, staff friendly, room right temperature, breakfast great selection. Staff should be congratulated as not easy to deliver time and again in busy hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2018

My wife talked me into going for afternoon tea here after a relative had to cancel on her. All I can say is, lucky relative.

After a glass of Prosecco we were presented with our savoury selection which was plentiful enough but completely uninspired. Had you placed me in their kitchen I'm sure I could have come up with something better. It consisted of six open sandwiches (on bread that seemed not very fresh) with toppings that left much to be desired - some thinly spread ricotta cheese and a basil leaf; a tiny square of grated cheddar on brown bread with some chutney; tuna - presumably tinned - on a tiny slice of baguette; coronation chicken; salmon and cream cheese (more on that later); and, last but not least, a piece of cooked ham - cut to to fit the bread exactly - on top of some dijon mustard so thinly spread a sniffer dog would have had problems locating it.

The sweet selection - cakes, scones, etc - redeemed things to a degree but the fact that the thing we enjoyed most out of everything was a humble fruit scone pretty much says it all.

Back to the salmon. I'm not a fan of smoked salmon so I gave my wife my sandwich. After eating her own she began to tackle mine and decided there was something about the flavour she didn't like so she left most of it. All the way home she complained of feeling unwell and, sure enough, we were in the house ten minutes when she started throwing up. I can't say for certain that the salmon was the culprit but it was the one thing she had that I didn't and, since she doesn't take breakfast in the morning, it had to be something she ate here.

All in all, this was a dreadful experience - especially for my wife - and one I could not recommend to anyone. With so many hotels and restaurants offering afternoon teas to a far higher standard, the Hilton should do the decent thing and leave it to the others.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dognip
Reviewed 8 November 2018

I stayed overnight for a nearby event.

The check in/out process was quick enough, and the room comfortable to stay overnight in. The location was perfect as the hotel sits just at the top of byres road with easy access to all west end bars etc.

Breakfast was nice although the staff seemed confused when my partner asked if they had a seperate toaster for the gluten free bread that was available as they took the bread, look at it and then placed it into the regular toaster. Likely a communication barrier however you expect better service to come with the Hilton name. More toast did crop up later just as we were about to finish.

A slightly dated feeling covers the hotel overall and the reason I don't have a 4 star (bar breakfast) is that all the parking on the top of the car park has folded poles, so if your car happens to be lower than average height you can't get a space (and costs £10 overnight to stay).

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2018

The hotel is completely ok, nothing extra. Some staff seems to lack training or is uninformed. Internet is so bad it is not possible to use for even sending an e-mail, and hence I would never consider staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank agpOslo
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Check-in was good, parking across the street on the roof of a Waitrose car park at additional cost of £10 / night. This was not indicated at time of booking.
Room small but everything was there. However, a major disappointment was NO FREE WI-FI. In 2018 you get free wi-fi EVERYWHERE

Date of stay: October 2018