“Good Pub Food”

Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 17
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: You'll always find a warm welcome at O'Neill's in Merchant Square in Glasgow. Ours is a place where you're free to go with the flow. Where great food and drink is always served with a smile. And where, no matter whether you're a regular or a newcomer, our friendly team will make you feel at home.Irish pubs are known for their hospitality - a point we love proving here at O'Neill's in Merchant Square in Glasgow. Come and see for yourself - drop by for a bite to eat, to watch some sport, to enjoy our live music or just for the craic. Sláinte!
Reviewed 1 August 2016

O'Neil's pubs are up and down the country. If it's just a pint and a pub meal, this is the place. Burgers are exceptionally good, very tasty.
The Guinness is spot on. Friendly bar staff.

O'Neill's M, Manager at O'Neill's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Hello,

Thanks for the Review; it's appreciated. And we're Glad you enjoyed your recent visit with us at Merchant Square.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

................But then most things are.
Visited on a Saturday afternoon with festival ongoing in the Merchant City. The pub is spacious with football screens, which had the sound turned down. It was less than half full with a number of empty tables.I placed an order for food and was told it would be half an hour. 55 minutes later I checked on the progress and was told they were very busy but it 'was just coming'. And, indeed 5 minutes later it arrived.The food was well presented and good quality in general and a reasonable price.I ordered filled wraps and chips. Both excellent. It's a pity I had to rush it and dash out since my car was on a meter and I didn't want caught by the notorious Glasgow traffic wardens.I thought I'd put plenty time on the meter but I didn't reckon on the devastatingly slow service. There are numerous other eateries and pubs around the area. I will use them in future. So should you - unless you have plenty time and no car.

O'Neill's M, Manager at O'Neill's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Hello William,

Many Thanks for your review. And our apologies for the delayed speed of service on your visit.
I can assure you and others though; all of our food is cooked fresh on the premises, with no hot holding, as is the case with many other bars, which can add time to our meals being served.

I do hope you will be back to O'Neill's, and not let this experience deter you.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

When we went in here it was pretty quiet but I can imagine on a saturday night the place must get really busy especially with the football. We didn't eat but the food they were bringing out for other people looked and smelled lovely.

O'Neill's M, Manager at O'Neill's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Many Thanks for your recent review, It's appreciated.
why not come along this weekend - it's planned to be a busy one, with the Merchant Square Festival Kicking off and Celtic Playing from 6pm.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Amazing pub for big groups! Gets quite busy during the weekends but the atmosphere is amazing! The decor is lovely too! The staff are ok, a bit slow for my standards but not a problem if you don't mind waiting a little bit.

1  Thank Radina_35

Hello,

Thanks for Taking the time to review us on your recent visit. We're Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Visited this bar on Saturday evening along with 11 mates.
The service was prompt and courteous but the "Extra Cold" Lager wasn't chilled.
We changed on the next round to another more expensive lager but this wasn't very cool either.
A couple of the guys tried "Cold Guinness" ....these were presented with a 2" head and also were not cold. These were duly returned and the bar staff quite frankly didn't give a hoot.....no apology or suggestion of an excuse.
We left and spent the rest of the evening...and a lot of cash at the excellent Citation along the road.

1  Thank Rossi14

Hello there,

We're disappointed that you didn't enjoy your recent visit with us at O'Neills.

We can only apologise for that. We were experiencing problems with our Cellar Cooling Equipment at the time; which im sure you will appreciate is something outwith our control - (well apart from calling the engineer).

I can advise, were up and running with Cold and Extra cold Lager and Guinness; and the head pour has improved with the equipment being sorted.