All reviews great western road west end byres road cooked breakfast no lift city centre botanic gardens single room hour reception breakfast was included clean rooms top floor priced hotel sized room budget hotel fresh fruit good size
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Room was very clean and a good size. Breakfast was fine - yes they serve turkey bacon, but the menu tells you that. For what I paid for the room I'm amazed breakfast was included. Good range of cereals, tinned and fresh fruit, yogurt and cheese as well as the cooked options. Now the stairs. I won't lie, they are a bit of a hike and very steep. However, me and my 70 year old mother were on the top floor and managed. If you think you will have a problem ask the hotel for a room on a lower floor.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. It is on a terrace above Great Western Road a few minutes walk from Byers road and the botanic gardens. The staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful, giving us directions and marking locations on the map for us.
I will definitely stay at the Heritage Hotel again.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Spuddiewoo
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Funny entrance off the terrace rather than street level, but worth the effort to find it. Great staff. Perfectly comfortable rooms. Nothing fancy other than the crazy high ceilings. Extremely close to a great bunch of restaurants, cafes, and pubs. Base here and catch a 10min subway to downtown and you'll be happy you did.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Beautiful old house. THe rooms are lovely, very clean and have great views. Staff very helpful and pleasant, couldn't be more helpful. great Breakfast in the morning . Would definitely recommend as a great central place to stay x

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel has only 8 parking spots and this is really unacceptable for any hospitality business. I got in touch with the reception before arriving, I drove all the way from London and I had several stops on the way (it was a business trip) and asked if there is any way they could make my stay a bit more accommodating as I will be really tired and would just like to get a good sleep before heading back to London the next morning.

I arrived quite late and there was nowhere near the hotel to park - the hotel parking was on a "first come first serve" basis so only 8 of the guests could be lucky to get a spot. The street nearby was crowded as well so I spent time going around and eventually parked on a permit holders only spot having to move the car before 8am.

I got a room with a wobbly, very uncomfortable bed, didn't get a good sleep and had to wake up early to move the car.. in total very stressful and unpleasant experience - if you are going to this hotel by vehicle, you should avoid!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Seyhmus O
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The location is great with walking distance to the University of Glasgow and the bus stop just across the street. Glasgow's west end is probably one of my favourite spots in the south. The botanic gardens are just around the corner, the rooms are nice, clean and comfy and the staff is very friendly. We had a room on the top floor which offered an amazing view over Glasgow. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family