“Glasgow value for money hotel”
Review of The Heritage Hotel

The Heritage Hotel
Ranked #63 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Very good value for money. Would stay here again happily

Room Tip: top rooms 3 floors up , no lift
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Heritage Hotel

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Great location in the West End of Glasgow. Very friendly, helpful staff with 24hr reception, clean, large rooms and warm, free WiFi. Recommended if you don't need somewhere with direct vehicular access.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Overall, our 2 night stay at this hotel was fine. The location was excellent, ideal for Byres Road and The Botanical Gardens. The welcome we received was friendly and helpful. The room and en suite shower room were clean and comfortable. So far, so good! However, the breakfast let down what really is a good hotel. Terrible Turkey Rashers instead of bacon! The strangest coloured sausages I have ever encountered, very very flat potato cakes and a poached egg like a tennis ball. In all, it was dire. On our 2nd morning we didn't bother with the breakfast offering and instead, ate our breakfast at a very good local cafe called Mario's Place. This is the first review I have ever written regarding a hotel I have stayed in. I am only writing this one in the hope it will prompt the owners of the Heritage to rethink their breakfast menu. This issue comes up time and time again on their reviews in a really negative way. Surely, given the number of complaints it's high time the owners addressed the comments made and improved, what to a great many of their guests, is a very important part of their stay. Perhaps they should go and have breakfast at Mario's Place to see how it should be done.

time and again on their reviews

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Caz B
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I enjoyed my week's stay at this Hotel - August 2011, it was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in Room 13 at the top of the house - the only downside was the 63 steps to reach it and yes, they did carry my luggage up for me - however, I'm in my 60's and had no problem with the stairs but if you have bad knees, back problems etc., or are very overweight you would be happier with a room on a lower lever as there is no lift. My room was a good size, nicely decorated with a comfortable bed. I didn't find the street noise to be a bother but I did close my window at night. I found the cooked breakfast to be just fine although I would have preferred real bacon to turkey bacon and there were certainly lots of other choices, fruit, yoghurt, cereal etc. It's an easy walk down to the subway and 7 mins to the Buchanan Shopping Centre. I'd recommend walking back via Byres Rd and Great Western Road as Great George St is quite a hill to walk up after a day of shopping (M & S have a food store at the bottom :). It's an easy and quick walk up to the Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery and if you walk through to University Avenue from there, turn L & then R onto Kelvin Way to get to Kelvin Gallery you save yourself a lot of time (first time I did it I walked along Byres Rd and then University Avenue and that took ages). Byres Road has tons of shops and restaurants and I found all the people very nice. Watch out for the sidewalks - very broken up - very easy to trip. Glasgow Botanic is across the road and up to the left a bit at the intersection of Byres and Great Western and is well worth a visit - nice walks. As a woman travelling alone I felt very safe in this Hotel. The only downside I experienced was the happy Danish lads in the next room coming in at 1 am - they'd obviously had a good time - no real problem. Some people also might not like the sloping ceiling in Room 13. Local library on Byres will give you an hours free internet on their computers so you can stay in touch with family if you didn't bring a laptop with you. I enjoyed my weeks stay very much

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Rita K
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Me and my boyfriend were just staying for one night and we didn't arrive until 12am. The hotel is very clean, we were on the top floor and the view was great, the breakfast wasn't the best but what do you expect for the price?! Great range of things for breakfast though, cereals, fresh fruit etc. I thought the bed was very comfortable. If you are wanting to stay somewhere nice but affordable I would suggest here!

• Stayed: January 2012