“Great way for a days tour off of a ship”

Discover Scotland Tours
Ranked #2 of 78 Tours in Glasgow
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discover Scotland Tours are an award winning company that provide 1 day trips and 3 day tours taking you to some of the most beautiful, historic and inspiring places in Scotland. Loch Ness, the Isle of Skye, the Highlands, Glencoe, Loch Lomond National Park, Stirling Castle, Glenfinnan, Mallaig and Jacobite Steam Train, Oban, Whisky Distilleries and much more. Our guests enjoy guaranteed departures, our unique hotel pick up service and a modern fleet of small luxury Mercedes coaches. Scotland can leave you breathless. From the drama and beauty of our mountains and lochs, to the rich history of ancient castles and the exploits of our heroes and villains, there really is something for everyone. Our guides have the experience and training to make your journey as colourful as it is comfortable, but it’s their local knowledge and passion for Scotland that will make your journey truly unique and keep our guests coming back for more.
Kitchener
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Great way for a days tour off of a ship”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Discover Scotland Tours
Keith, our excellent drive/tour guide, picked us up at Greenock, where my ship docked.
We stopped at Loch Lomond for a few photos. We had about 45 minutes in a cute village called Luss. I walked over the Luss Church. The scenery behind it is beautiful. I tried to get into the church but couldn’t and yet others on the van did. So I missed seeing inside. The cottages here in the village are very nice. Gardens are beautiful.
Keith drove along the gorgeous Scottish countryside passing by places such as Buchanan Castle and Buchanan Castle & Golf Course. We drove by neat villages such as Aberfoyle.
We met Hamish "the hairy coo". Few steps away is a cafeteria for a bite to eat before heading back out on the road enjoying the countryside passing by places such as Doune Castle, where Monty Python and the Holy Grail was filmed.
Our last stop was Stirling Castle. If you wanted to go in the cost was 13.00 GBP. Keith gave us two hours here. For me it was a bit too long, for others not long enough.
Before dropping us back to the ship, Keith gave us a quick tour of Glasgow.

3 Thank TravellerKitchener
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Greek first
Newmarket, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loch Ness, Haunting Glencoe & Highlands Tour”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I took the Loch Ness, Haunting Glencoe & Highlands Tour on May 4, 2012. Everything was very enjoyable, David our driver/tour guide was 100% amazing. He made everyone feel so comfortable right from the beginning. I've already recommended this tour company to friends in Canada. I'll be back in Scotland next May, will be booking a Oban tour with these guys. Two thumbs up all the way. Cheers from Canada Sincerely Glenn R.

1 Thank GlennR61
Santa Clarita, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Loch Lomond, the Trossachs and Sterling Castle”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My wife and I are still talking about our experience on this tour. Keith was our guide and he was very knowledgable about the history of Scotland, we throughly enjoyed colorful his commentary. The Trossachs were wonderful, in retrospect we would have liked spending more time there than in Sterling Castle which was a bit of a disappointment. We only had 2 days in Scotland and this was a great way to spend one of them. The price was also reasonable at about 1/3 what we paid for a similar tour in England.

1 Thank fmartin74
Rindge, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome.”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I did my tour with Charlie. Enjoyed it thoroughly. I went on the Loch Ness, Haunting Glencoe, and Highlands tour. The bus was clean, well maintained, smooth ride, and comfortable.

1 Thank Damon A
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Discover Scotland's Highlands Tour”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I went on the Lock Ness/Glencoe 1day tour and it was absolutely magnificent. Great route and the driver/guide Charlie was very knowledgeable.
Definitely recommend.