10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$153
vocoHotels$152
FindHotel$152
ZenHotels.com$168
5,119 results
All reviews champagne bar train station champagne central taxi rank hope street lovely hotel afternoon tea street noise lovely room standard room an overnight stay central glasgow haggis stayed for one night concourse concierge mirror
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2022

Surprised my 10 year old daughter with a weekend away to Glasgow for her birthday and a special 2 night stay here. We couldn't have asked for a better place.

The staff were absolutely amazing and went above and beyond to make it so special for us.

Spotlessly clean rooms, breakfast - although a little confusing the first day, was lovely. Sound proofing is brilliant, you wouldn't know you were in the city centre, next to not only a very busy taxi rank but a mobbed train station!

The only small niggle is the WiFi and phone signal is quite poor on the 3rd floor. It wasn't a major issue for us but if you were needing it then I'd request a lower floor room.

Can't wait to go back for the next birthday! Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MissPooh25
Allan Wilson, Other at voco Grand Central Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear MissPooh25,

It's wonderful to read your brilliant review and that you'd actively recommend the voco Grand Central Glasgow to stay in.

I'll be sure to feed your complimentary comments back to our whole team and I know that everyone will join me in hoping to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2022

Very pleasant welcome,shown straight to a table ,tea and coffee arrived within 5 minutes followed quickly by the Prosecco and very fresh sandwiches, scones and cakes ,plenty of very efficient staff, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend!

Dear David G,

Thank you for sharing the review and great scores of your afternoon tea with us at the voco Grand Central Glasgow, and we look forward to your next return.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

If you want a lovely relaxing afternoon tea the please AVOID the Grand Central at all costs…..

1. Shown to table promptly and then wait 45minutes for service
2. Got coffee the 10 minutes later got stale sandwiches
3. Made a complaint at the time… given a free glass of Prosecco… didn’t get the one we had paid for nor the free one either…
4. Wrote a lengthy email to the Manager ….No Response….

PLEASE STAY CLEAR

Wasted what should have been a lovely afternoon..

Should have read the reviews prior to booking ….They have a service issue

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allgave

Dear Allgave,

Thank you for posting the review of the afternoon tea offering and service to which I am bitterly disappointed in the feedback. Should you wish to contact myself, please feel free to do so at allan.wilson@ihg.com where I would be keen to follow up directly retrospectively.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

Service was friendly and helpful. I asked for a tub which they gave me, & brought up toiletries I needed. Convenient location for public transportation & pedestrian streets, shopping. Nice old hotel with a grand staircase. Enjoyed my time here.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Tignorsgirl,

Thank you for sharing the review and great scores of your stay with us at the voco Grand Central Glasgow, and we look forward to your next return.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2022

Well once again the grand central never fails to disappoints.My sister and I love getting off the train and walking into this beautiful hotel.It reminds us of trips as young children visiting relatives and looking at this iconic hotel wishing we could stay,and now we can.
We stayed pre covid and have noticed there has been a revamp of the hotel,our room was comfortable and spacious the number I won’t divulge because we would like it again sorry folks The breakfast was well presented with all we needed especially the overnight oats they were delicious wouldn’t have minded the recipe.
There was a fire alarm on the night we stayed so of course we were evacuated standing outside me in my PJs and sis in her nightie it was freezing so we then we decide to go into the station to wait,we got some very strange looks but it was something for us to laugh about.So thankyou all at the grand central it won’t be long till we visit again

1  Thank 52ma

Dear 52ma,

It's wonderful to read your brilliant review and that you'd actively recommend the voco Grand Central Glasgow to stay in as your favourite hotel.

Warmest wishes,